Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Did you ever go back to work?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this

After having children?  How supportive were your spouse and friends?  

I will be returning to work within the next month, and I'm really excited about it.  My husband is proud of me, and glad I will be doing something for ME for a change.  Now that my son has a private duty nurse 10 hours each day, this is prime time for me to go back to work, doing something for ME, and have some adult time.  It's going to be a huge adjustment for me as I won't be an active part of my son's daily routines anymore, and I will miss him tremendously, but he's going to school full day this coming year plus his nurse is with him all day.  It's so strange to have someone else care for my child besides me...this has been a HUGE adjustment for me, and after some serious thought and talking with my husband, I'm going back to work.  I was actually offered several positions this past week, so I need to make my final choice and have a couple of second interviews this week to get more info about my top choices.  

It's a bittersweet time for me...

How were things when you went back to work after having children...if you went back to work?

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I went back to work out of necessity years ago.  My children were 1 1/2, barely 3, 6, and 9. It lasted for about a year, then I was able to stay home again.  I worked for about 9 months last year, but with my dh deployed and my kids out for summer it just didn't work for us.  My dh is supportive of whatever I want to do.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Yeah, you have a good husband:)  He's pretty handsome too!  LOL!

Quoting cocoroo:

I went back to work out of necessity years ago.  My children were 1 1/2, barely 3, 6, and 9. It lasted for about a year, then I was able to stay home again.  I worked for about 9 months last year, but with my dh deployed and my kids out for summer it just didn't work for us.  My dh is supportive of whatever I want to do.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM

With my first I took 2.5 years off before going back and when I did, I went part time to kind of ease us both into the new routine.  Although, if I'm honest, it was more for me than him.  My oldest was an awesome baby and child and adapted to everything easily. 

With my second, I took off 8 years.  He is a special needs child with a plethra of acronyms.  I have enjoyed my time staying home but will be returning to work soon myself.  He has adapted to a lot over the years and I think it's time.

Row that boat, Darby, cause I'm in it as well :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

We are a lot alike:)  I think it's time for me to return to work as well.  Things are just falling into place with B and all his care, and there are days I find myself thinking, "I could easily go back to work, and not think twice about B's care."  His nurse is simply amazing, and I trust her 150%.  He has a great team of therapists and teachers at his new school, and I'm confident he'll do well.  I've talked about it for almost a year now, waiting and planning for things to happen, and I'm confident it's time:)

Quoting jas_momof2:

With my first I took 2.5 years off before going back and when I did, I went part time to kind of ease us both into the new routine.  Although, if I'm honest, it was more for me than him.  My oldest was an awesome baby and child and adapted to everything easily. 

With my second, I took off 8 years.  He is a special needs child with a plethra of acronyms.  I have enjoyed my time staying home but will be returning to work soon myself.  He has adapted to a lot over the years and I think it's time.

Row that boat, Darby, cause I'm in it as well :)

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I took the 45 days off after all of my childbirths.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Remind me...aren't you AD?

Quoting mrsary: I took the 45 days off after all of my childbirths.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Lol.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Remind me...aren't you AD?

Quoting mrsary: I took the 45 days off after all of my childbirths.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM

I went back to work full time after I had both my kids. I went back at the three month mark with my daughter, and after six weeks with my son. My daughter was my first, and her labor and delivery was rough, which is why I took the full three months maternity leave with her. With my son, I healed faster, and felt better about going back to work sooner. We also had a very good, reliable sitter, so I trusted her to care for my son, even being younger, and she's like family to us now:) With our new addition coming, I have no plans of working after this one is born. Between my health issues with my pain, and having three children, it's makes more sense for me to stay home right now.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Makes perfect sense:)  Hugs!  How are you feeling these days?  What did you do for work?  Did you enjoy it?

Quoting violinjewel:

I went back to work full time after I had both my kids. I went back at the three month mark with my daughter, and after six weeks with my son. My daughter was my first, and her labor and delivery was rough, which is why I took the full three months maternity leave with her. With my son, I healed faster, and felt better about going back to work sooner. We also had a very good, reliable sitter, so I trusted her to care for my son, even being younger, and she's like family to us now:) With our new addition coming, I have no plans of working after this one is born. Between my health issues with my pain, and having three children, it's makes more sense for me to stay home right now.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I'm feeling pretty good. Was hoping to get some energy back since I'm in the second trimester, but hasn't happened yet. I worked as a customer service rep for a large veterinary hospital here. I've worked in different aspects of the vet field since I was 17, so it's like second nature for me to work there.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Makes perfect sense:)  Hugs!  How are you feeling these days?  What did you do for work?  Did you enjoy it?

Quoting violinjewel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN