Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tuesday will be a week.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
Dh left for basic training on Tuesday arrived at great lakes late on Wednesday. I can't sleep other than that we are okay. The not speaking to him is rough and the kids miss him. He made a video for each one of them. We've been staying busy though.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM
It starts slow, but then time eventual starts moving really fast. Just hang tight and it will get better :)
crazymama1008
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I hope so. Today was the worst. :/. Cleaned, did laundry,took the kids to the park, got some groceries, kids took a nap, we played with remote control cars.but now the kids are asleep and I'm fine.

Quoting usmclife58: It starts slow, but then time eventual starts moving really fast. Just hang tight and it will get better :)
crazymama1008
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM
By fine I mean lonely.ugh. hopefully I get some sleep tonight.

Quoting crazymama1008: I hope so. Today was the worst. :/. Cleaned, did laundry,took the kids to the park, got some groceries, kids took a nap, we played with remote control cars.but now the kids are asleep and I'm fine.

Quoting usmclife58: It starts slow, but then time eventual starts moving really fast. Just hang tight and it will get better :)
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM

The day you get the box will probably be the hardest.
Once you get the form letter with his ship # and his PIR date it will be so much better. You will have a countdown and something to look forward to. The first letter or phone call will come shortly after that.

Just stay busy, you will be fine.

crazymama1008
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM
I thought you get all that stuff with the box? Why is box day hard?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

The day you get the box will probably be the hardest. Once you get the form letter with his ship # and his PIR date it will be so much better. You will have a countdown and something to look forward to. The first letter or phone call will come shortly after that.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Good luck and stay busy!  Hugs!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:22 AM

The form letter will come separately from the box. Usually anywhere from a few days to a week later than the box.

Most people that I have encountered say the day the box arrives is the most difficult because their things are returning but they are not. It makes them miss them more.

I have to admit the day I received my sons box, it was hard on me too. I knew that the next time I would see my son, a man would be in place of the boy that went off to bootcamp. It was a bittersweet moment for me.

Quoting crazymama1008: I thought you get all that stuff with the box? Why is box day hard?
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

The day you get the box will probably be the hardest. Once you get the form letter with his ship # and his PIR date it will be so much better. You will have a countdown and something to look forward to. The first letter or phone call will come shortly after that.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Hang in there! I have a cousin going up to Great Lakes in about 2 weeks too.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Those 11-12 weeks will go by faster than you think. Don't worry.

myreighn
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I know it's easier said than done but you will be Otay and being that it's summer time helps. You have your kids to keep you busy and lots of thang you can do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN