Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Soon to be at fort hood...

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 22 Replies

We will be PCS'ing there in a few months and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on the pre k programs in the area. Which ones are good and why did you like them. He is already in a pre k program here in hawaii and will be the cut off date to start kindergarten in texas. Any advice would be great!!!!

by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  I'm not familiar with that area but others are.  Good luck!

crazymama1008
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

They have a couple on Forthood. I grew up in Commanche 3A and 3B. Goodluck its a great place with great people. One of my best friends like in commanche 3 now with her family.

GabesMom14
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  I'm not familiar with that area but others are.  Good luck!

Thank you!! :)

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
We recently lived in Comache 3C for 4 years. My two older kids went to full day pre k at Oveta Culp Hobby Elem School. That was the only convenient option we had. Idk much about in Killeen and Copperas Cove. Pre k on post is all day and in Killeen ISD.

Quoting crazymama1008:

They have a couple on Forthood. I grew up in Commanche 3A and 3B. Goodluck its a great place with great people. One of my best friends like in commanche 3 now with her family.

GabesMom14
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Quoting crazymama1008:

thank you!! I am excited to head back home to texas!!

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call the School Liason person for the base and ask them, they'll know best what the situation is there. :)

Good luck with your PCS!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

The first time I was welcomed to "The Great Place", I was like ...

Quoting crazymama1008:

crazyinlove99
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

hi and welcome to fort hood! i have teenagers.

GabesMom14
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I would call the School Liason person for the base and ask them, they'll know best what the situation is there. :)

Good luck with your PCS!

Thanks!! I"ll have to check that out. thank you!

sbranom
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Are you planning on living on post? There are pre-K programs at almost every elementary school on post ( I believe). My kids go to Grace Lutheran, which I think is amazing, but they are full, and there is a waiting list. I know there is also one at First Baptist in Cove. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)