Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Go figure.

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

One corner of my ID was starting to peel up. Out of ALL the gate guards around here only 1 AF guy was complaining about it. This morning I went and got a new ID, just to make him happy. In Germany you get your ID and have to go somewhere else so you get what they call a "good" beep when they scan your card. Wouldn't you know it, punk AF guard was at the gate when I came in. he was happy I had a new ID but it gave him a "bad" beep. UGH Can't win with that guy apparently! Oh yea he then told me to get it checked out, yep I'm not driving 15 mins to go back to the office for it! 

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Smh
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:59 AM

at me or him? 

Quoting Anonymous: Smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Him

Quoting barrelracer1699:

at me or him? 

Quoting Anonymous: Smh

lovinlife0429
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:01 AM
It amazes me how some guards take it seriously and some just shrug and don't even look at the ID.

One of the bases here, barely takes the ID out of your hand and lets you go. I always drive away saying "I have a bomb in the car" lol
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Our old base there was one guy who would laugh at me if I tried to hand him my card. But he learned who I was from going through so much.

Quoting lovinlife0429: It amazes me how some guards take it seriously and some just shrug and don't even look at the ID. One of the bases here, barely takes the ID out of your hand and lets you go. I always drive away saying "I have a bomb in the car" lol

lovinlife0429
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:11 AM
One of our cars has a pass on the mirror and parking stickers for restricted areas. So they tend to not look at our IDs. I told DH I am not crazy about that, what if someone is driving our car that shouldn't be?

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Our old base there was one guy who would laugh at me if I tried to hand him my card. But he learned who I was from going through so much.

Quoting lovinlife0429: It amazes me how some guards take it seriously and some just shrug and don't even look at the ID.

One of the bases here, barely takes the ID out of your hand and lets you go. I always drive away saying "I have a bomb in the car" lol

my4kids274
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:13 AM

We have had our share over the years from different gate guards.  A few years ago my oldest daughter was going to the clinic at the local Navy base and the guard insisted on searching her car and running her tags.  The car had the proper base pass sticker displayed on the window and she had a military ID.  They detained her at the gate accusing her of stealing the tags and putting them on her car and threatening her with arrest. The guard made a mistake when running the tag on the her car and finally after 30 minutes realized what he had done wrong.  She was late for her medical appt due to this. 

We ended up writing a letter to the Commander and put a complaint against this guard.  Mistakes can be made but he did not even apologize after realizing his mistake so his Commander got an earfull from us.   

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
We just left Bliss and they barely checked IDs at the gate. After the stuff that happened at yhe Naval station last year I was heading to meet DH after an appointment (hospital is not on main post) and they had pulled me out of line to search my car (they were pulling every other person). When the guy realized I was pregnant he said "oh, I didnt realize you were pregnant. Never mind" and waved me on. First thought that went through my head was "Pregnant people can still do bad things"
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM
They are using the ID to scan more things. At the commissary here they scan your ID before they allow you to purchase groceries, lol. It seems so serious but I think more things will start requiring this not just the scan at the gate, i'd go get it fixed just in case.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
We just left Bliss and they scan at the commissary but not at the gate. Which I think is completely ass backwards. You'd think they'd be more concerned over doing it at the gate and making sure people going on post are legit than whether or not a shopper is

Quoting Susan0805: They are using the ID to scan more things. At the commissary here they scan your ID before they allow you to purchase groceries, lol. It seems so serious but I think more things will start requiring this not just the scan at the gate, i'd go get it fixed just in case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)