Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I'm DONE!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

I with I could talk to my husband. I am ready to just leave. Screw this crap!  I wish we could just PCS and be done with it. I had a 7 hour CPR/ First aid course on Sat. i had multiple people that would have watched my kids(we trade of sometimes) but my mom acted offended when I questioned her watching them so I let her.. BIg freaking mistake.Never again I am done with the chances.  So she comes over and my kids have asthma. My youngest is worse we just got him controlled, He is still having issues with excercise and retracting with running or over exertion. My mom started smoking again but I do not allow smoking in or around my home. If you smoke you need to change your shirt and wash your hands and pull your hair back. I come home and she is in the backyard with her ciggerettes around my kids. We had previously discussed this and I told her if you can't go without smoking I have friends who are willing to watch my children and I told her this when I saw.She just rolled her eyes at me she also did not give him anything before excerise and he was having trouble. I gave him some albuterol and then she left.  I was upset about not talking to stephen and she wanted to come over later I told her she could if she wanted to. So she came over and wanted to go outside and smoke I asked her if she had an extra shirt because I don't want the smell in my house. She said seriously. I said yes. She looked at me and said I guess we all have to draw the line somewhere grabbed her stuff and left.... Its ridiculous that my family is less important to her than her ciggerettes. She was going to come with me to his graduation in Illinious however if she cannot even go a couple of hours without smoking around my children then she can just stay home and I'll go myself. 

UGH rant over....

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DawnPratt23
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Soory, my mom is the same way, we havent talked in a long time. Just keep them safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Hugs!  I don't tolerate cigarette smoke around my son either.  I don't blame you one bit, and I would have done the same thing.  My husband has a friend at work that smokes, and when we had people over a few weeks ago for a BBQ, he came.  I told my husband that he better not even think about lighting up a cigarette in my backyard/deck.  My husband said he wouldn't.  He was right.  The guy stayed for over 2 hours and never once smoked.  He was respectful of my son and his lung disease, and I greatly appreciated that.  We don't allow people to smoke in our around our home.  We've had workers at our house that smoked, and we have told them they are NOT allowed to smoke on their "breaks" and then come back inside my house.  If they are working outside, then they can smoke on the street and come back to work, but otherwise, that's it.  

Sorry...went off a little there.  People that smoke and their disrespect for others just infuriates me at times!

soliderwife
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Your childs health comes frist as a mom she should understand that..
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Your mom is being an ass, sorry. :(

I would have had a psychotic episode on a person if they smoked around my kids after I explicitly asked them not to.

crazymama1008
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I agree. She's always been this way and I have given her chance after chance.
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:45 PM

My mom is a choochoo train so I know where you're coming from

crazymama1008
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I'm tired of her on the upside I haven't heard from her since Sunday when she called to "see how I am doing." I told her I'm fine did you need something...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)