Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Once again my neighbor has enrolled her kids in every Vacation Bible Week she can find.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

Once again my neighbor has enrolled her kids in every Vacation Bible Week she can find. She was showing me today how the rest of the summer is filled with one church after another. She says it doesn't cost anything other than gas to get them there and some churches have busses to pick them up. She does this every summer. I don't know whether to envy her or do the same myself?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do the same. Lol. Its not a requirent that you have to go to the church.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Our girls go to 2 different Vacation Bible Schools here at my MIL in NC. They go to my MIL church's week and then DH's grandma's church's as well. They go from 6-8:30 pm and eat supper there. With 4 kids it is a nice break by the time 6 pm comes along. Plus, they enjoy it immensely.
PAmomoffour
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM
If the kids enjoy it then good for her. My kids go to a different church for VBS since our new church doesn't host one yet. The church goes all out and the kids love it.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Her kids her choice. I wouldn't care if I were you.
Mommy2Bri425
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I'm annoyed that I'm missing the summer with mine. It's fun for us to be at the water park very week or every other week. Summer with my kid is the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think that would be too much for a kid. I know I wouldn't want to go through all of that. 

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Lol
EarlGrayHot
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Sounds like she doesn't want to be around her kids and this is the lazy parent's way of accomplishing that.  Don't do it.  It sucks.

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I can't think of much more to do in the summer more boring than driving my kid to vacation bible school everyday. 

aimesnyc
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Poor kids.  I would hate a summer of VBS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)