Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Argh!!! *vent*

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 38 Replies
So we had our HHG delivered today and lo and behold there's damaged stuff. Both antique dressers had legs broken off during transport, the glass pieces for our coffee table are missing, my brand new gliding rocker has a huge red stain on it and the mirror that goes on my larger antique dresser is broken. I'm soooo pissed right now!! This was after waiting until 4 pm for them to show up when they were supposed to arrive at 11 am. Ugh. Next time we PCS we're getting a damn u-haul and doing it ourselves!
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:17 PM

ick...  I'm sorry!  We're in the middle of a pack out now...  fun times...

Denecia
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM
That is why we are doing it ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Ah! We got very lucky last time and not 1 single thing was damaged. I am not anticipating being as lucky this time, as our stuff will have to go to storage.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Oh no. I'm sorry:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. Best time ever [insert eye roll here]

Quoting jas_momof2:

ick...  I'm sorry!  We're in the middle of a pack out now...  fun times...

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
DH took leave and we came up to visit my MIL in NC before heading to our new duty station or we would have done it ourselves since we went from Bliss to Sill.

Quoting Denecia: That is why we are doing it ourselves.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Our stuff spent two weeks in storage. Good luck :)

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Ah! We got very lucky last time and not 1 single thing was damaged. I am not anticipating being as lucky this time, as our stuff will have to go to storage.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
The most upsetting thing is the damage to the antiques. Those items are irreplaceable. I can get a new coffee table and probably get the stain out of the glider. And getting reimbursement is going to be a huge hassle.

Quoting violinjewel: Oh no. I'm sorry:(
violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Oh I understand. Antiques are one thing I would be so nervous to move. My mom has a bunch of antique china and crystal, and we would move, she was a nervous wreck.

Quoting mnkymommy08: The most upsetting thing is the damage to the antiques. Those items are irreplaceable. I can get a new coffee table and probably get the stain out of the glider. And getting reimbursement is going to be a huge hassle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
They were moved last time without an issue from Ft Campbell to Ft Bliss which is a much longer trip than from Bliss to Sill. The difference between this time and last time is that this time everything was in storage for a few weeks. I would be a nervous wreck moving china too.

Quoting violinjewel: Oh I understand. Antiques are one thing I would be so nervous to move. My mom has a bunch of antique china and crystal, and we would move, she was a nervous wreck.

Quoting mnkymommy08: The most upsetting thing is the damage to the antiques. Those items are irreplaceable. I can get a new coffee table and probably get the stain out of the glider. And getting reimbursement is going to be a huge hassle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)