Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm done!! YAY!!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Friday was my last day of watching the toddler!

The parents are bringing in grandma to watch him until mom graduates, and by then he'll get into the CDC if needed.

I told DH the answer is no from now on, NO I cannot watch anyone's kid ever again. I'd say I could for one day, and I would, but last time 1 day on an emergency only basis, turned into I was watching the kid full time. So the answer is just no, unless the kid is at least 4 yrs old, and totally potty trained.

I could rant about several things that went on during, but it's over now so I won't. Never again though, never ever again. I know I'm a weirdo in girl world, but I really don't like babies and toddlers. I like kids once they can wipe their own ass, and tell me what they need in clear English...and don't puke in my freaking car, and don't watch obnoxious preschool shows... or drool on everything, or spill milk everywhere because it's funny to them, or smash cereal into my rug. Toddlers are jerks.

I enjoy the lazy stage I'm at in parenting. My kids are basically self sufficient, and I like that a lot.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I can totally relate. I'm in week 3 of babysitting a girl that's 2 years younger than my youngest. I just don't have the patience for it anymore. I'm done after next week.
mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM

This was seriously the longest 2 1/2 months of my life. This kid is 7 years younger than my youngest, I don't honestly know how that kid didn't die in my house, my house is NOT baby proofed.

Quoting USAFamily: I can totally relate. I'm in week 3 of babysitting a girl that's 2 years younger than my youngest. I just don't have the patience for it anymore. I'm done after next week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I like babies I'm related to...beyond that, no thanks. Ya ok some are cute but that doesn't make my uterus ache for me...in fact, it does the opposite. There is NO way on God's green earth I could ever be a child care provider.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

You're not a weirdo girl at all.  Babies and toddlers are cute as long as I don't have to clean up after them or take care of them.  I think it's easier to handle if its your own child...but another kid's butt needing wiped or puke needing cleaned up?  No freaking way.

lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Um that was me, idk why it was anon

Quoting Anonymous:

I like babies I'm related to...beyond that, no thanks. Ya ok some are cute but that doesn't make my uterus ache for me...in fact, it does the opposite. There is NO way on God's green earth I could ever be a child care provider.

mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

LOL, the anon feature does what it wants!! 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Anonymous:

lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

When the reply first popped up, I was like HOLY SHIT somebody said the same thing I did! Another cup of coffee may be needed

Quoting mom2jessnky:

LOL, the anon feature does what it wants!! 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Anonymous:

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I like my own children. I don't get an attachment to most other babies. The only ones I have are the two twins I watched long term, since they were 8 weeks old, and they're two now. Their family is like family to us though, we've been close since my daughter was six months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Yeah, I don't do well with other babies/toddlers either...unless they belong to a close friend.  Most of my friends have special needs children so it's a totally different ballgame.  We only have one child and he's special needs, so it's hard for me to deal with "typical" kids...not really hard per say, but just different.  I forget that they understand and repeat what I say!  I'm not used to that!  LOL!  

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Yea!! And I can totally relate. I had to help friends at our last duty station who were in a bind. I drew up a contract and everything. But the stress of my kids plus her two toddlers. Never, ever, again! I just am not someone who enjoys little ones. I too enjoy my self sufficient kids, with no diaper bags, snacks, or bottles to carry around!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)