Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I have my HHG

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 16 Replies
5 moms liked this

Our HHG arrived this morning.  The movers came  around 9:00 and left around 2:00.  We stayed until around 6:30.  We have about 75% of our stuff unpacked.  My 11 yo dd and 13 yo ds have their rooms done completely.  My room is finished, except the clothes that need to be hung.  The house has zero closets, so we have to wait for the military to deliver our wall lockers on Monday.  My 16 yo dd has most of her room done.  The kids TV room is done, except we need a new TV stand.  Apparently, we put the one we have in storage.  We just need to finish the bathrooms, kitchen, and living room.  And, we need to get cable, phones and internet.

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

You all are on top of it! Whoo hoo!

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:10 PM

My husband is extremely OCD.  He hates boxes.  We probably had more than 50% of the boxes unpacked before the movers even left.  Our kitchen is a mess though.  These German kitchens are tiny.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

You all are on top of it! Whoo hoo!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM

That's great!

mrspeterrabbit
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:23 AM
:)
USAFamily
by Melissa on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Your husband sounds like me :) when we get our stuff I always unpack immediately. I think it's more from the excitement of having 'stuff' not so much OCD.

Yay for having things :)
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jul. 5, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay for having things! 

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I hate having boxes around also.  It is like Christmas opening stuff I haven't seen since March or April.  We are going to finish unpacking and start hanging up pictures and curtain rods tomorrow.  We rearranged the living room today, because we decided to have the couch in the part with the fireplace.  It is kind of tight, but it will work.  Plus, we have the TV room on the 3rd floor.

Quoting USAFamily: Your husband sounds like me :) when we get our stuff I always unpack immediately. I think it's more from the excitement of having 'stuff' not so much OCD. Yay for having things :)

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We have our stuff, but no car.  We are still renting a car.  Mine should be here in about a week.  We are still searching for a car for the dh.  We have looked at several at RAB, but they weren't worth what was being asked.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Yay for having things! 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Everything is falling into place! What's the parking situation for when your car arrives? Do you have a garage or  car park at your new house? 

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:25 PM

There are about 10 spots across the street from my house, so we have to park there. So far, we have only seen 3 other cars parked there.  And, it isn't like the village of 500 is going to build any new houses.  And OMG, the old people in our village have been spying on us.  It is hilarious. They will stay when we pull up, them walk by or ride their bikes past the house.  I think we are the only Americans, and one of the few households not collecting a pension.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Everything is falling into place! What's the parking situation for when your car arrives? Do you have a garage or  car park at your new house? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)