Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Navy Recruiting families?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Hi everyone! My husband is an NC in the Navy, specifically for recruiting, so he will be a recruiter for the rest of his career. Anyway, he put on NC last year and our turn to PCS is coming up and FAST! He has received notification that he has been selected for NRD Jacksonville. I am so so excited! But I know NOTHING about the area. It doesn't help that we don't know which of the 40+ stations he will be assigned to. If you know anything about this command or the area, I would appreciate it!
Ps, how's the weather there in the winter? We are on the complete opposite side of the country so this is very new to us.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:08 AM

My husband is in the Navy (submarines), and we've lived in south Georgia before...right on the line of GA/FL, so I'm familiar with the Jacksonville area.  I have no idea what NC is though.  Nor do I know what NRD is.  I imagine there are a LOT of recruiting stations in that area as you already stated.  

The weather in Jacksonville is hot, humid, and sticky during the summer and it doesn't get that cold during the winter.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM
NC is Navy Counselor. It's a rate and they are either career counselors or recruiters. NRD means Navy Recruiting District. If I say "NRD Jacksonville" that refers to the command and it usually covers a big area, sometimes over multiple states. Thanks!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

My husband is in the Navy (submarines), and we've lived in south Georgia before...right on the line of GA/FL, so I'm familiar with the Jacksonville area.  I have no idea what NC is though.  Nor do I know what NRD is.  I imagine there are a LOT of recruiting stations in that area as you already stated.  

The weather in Jacksonville is hot, humid, and sticky during the summer and it doesn't get that cold during the winter.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Gotcha!  Good luck to you guys!  How long has your spouse been in the navy?

Quoting Anonymous: NC is Navy Counselor. It's a rate and they are either career counselors or recruiters. NRD means Navy Recruiting District. If I say "NRD Jacksonville" that refers to the command and it usually covers a big area, sometimes over multiple states. Thanks!
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
He has been in for 6 years :-) we are currently up in WA so we are headed just about as far away as we can get in the continental US lol! I am so excited though!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting Anonymous: NC is Navy Counselor. It's a rate and they are either career counselors or recruiters. NRD means Navy Recruiting District. If I say "NRD Jacksonville" that refers to the command and it usually covers a big area, sometimes over multiple states. Thanks!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM

We are leaving WA for Jax soon. I am not wanting to go. Hot, humid and inlaws. We have been there before. I love WA and will miss it. I don't know if we will return up here because we have a house in Tn rented out. Plus, I have learned that you never say never. 

Quoting Anonymous: He has been in for 6 years :-) we are currently up in WA so we are headed just about as far away as we can get in the continental US lol! I am so excited though!
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Florida is warm in the winter. We have what we call "cold snaps" where the temps in the winter time dip below fifty for a few days. My dad was stationed at Jax. He lived in an area called orange park. He loved his home there and he said it was a nice area. Obviously he lived there before we were born ;) enjoy it. I would love to get away from snow and winters! This FL girl can't handle temps below 58!! Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)