Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Finding a job

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
Why is it so hard for my husband to fine a job
Every time he applys they tell him he over qualify . And he in the military ughh so stressful
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Did he separate recently? Is he a reservist?

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Is he Active Duty?
Missdaminate33
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM
No he reserve now he use to be active duty
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Why did he leave active duty? Did he have a job set up that fell through? I have heard that happens a lot. It sucks. How long has been out?

Quoting Missdaminate33: No he reserve now he use to be active duty

Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he should consider going back active or perhaps moving if the job market is stale in your area. I know it must be rough. Sorry your family is having a rough time finding a job. Another suggestion would be to go to the bases airman and family readiness (or whatever your branches equivalent is if you have a base nearby, if no base perhaps try the unemployment office in your area), they may have some leads on some local job fairs or employers looking for employees. Encourage him to put himself out there in the community and have him volunteer or get involved in your local area having connections really does go a long way. Lastly, if he doesnt have an education this would be a good time to explore colleges or trade schools or look for another skill perhaps. Does the reserves have TA or GI bill? What about you, do you have any goals?

Missdaminate33
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM
We wasn't together when he was active . He Finnish school n collage . He did and doing everything but no luck . He been in the reserves going on 3 that's how long we been together
Missdaminate33
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:20 PM
I'm a foster mom
And also do baking and party favors for baby showers , birthdays etc .
But he feels the man sopose to take care everything bills home kids etc lol not the wife
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Missdaminate33: We wasn't together when he was active . He Finnish school n collage . He did and doing everything but no luck . He been in the reserves going on 3 that's how long we been together

I understand, I did read where you said that he was "over qualified". A person can never have to many skills or to much education. I started out as a radiology tech but when we PCS'd I couldnt find a job for a year in my career field so I went back to school and became a nurse. Sometimes when life gives you lemons you have to make lemonade as the old cliche goes. Perhaps he can build on his resume or skills in some way to make him more marketable. Use what he knows already to his advantage. Employers today like employees who are diverse and well rounded. I know it's tough but tell him not to give up! Take advantage of this time to improve himself and continuelly look for the next opportunity. Also, I read your other reply. I understand being a stay at home mom is a great deal of work and many families functions very well that way. However, if he continues to be unemployment you may need to sit down and reevaluate things and decide what you each can do to turn things around. Best wishes.

Missdaminate33
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Thank you so much
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Welcome!  What is his experience and education/training in?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)