Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Missing pregnant 29 Palms Marine wife

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 29 Replies

I saw the story on CNN and they reported that police are being very tight-lipped about this case. They have not charged the husband with a crime, but I have a gut feeling it's going in that direction.

A pregnant Marine wife, who has been missing more than a week, was planning a trip to San Diego.

Erin Corwin was preparing for her mother to visit and had bought tickets to SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo, according to the Praying for Erin Corwin Facebook page.

The 19-year-old disappeared June 28 from Twentynine Palms, California. Her husband, a corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, reported her missing the following day, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

The search is focused on Joshua Tree National Park, where Erin was reported to be going to morning she went missing.

The sheriff’s department homicide unit is investigating.

“There is no evidence to lead them to believe a crime has occurred. But, she’s still missing,” spokeswoman Cindy Bachman told NBC 4 in an interview Thursday.

Erin is described as 5-foot-2 and 120 pounds with light brown hair and blue eyes. She is three months pregnant.

Her blue 2013 Toyota Corolla was found in Twentynine Palms two days after her disappearance.

Searchers have been facing temperatures well above 100 degrees.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Missing-Marine-Wife-Had-Planned-San-Diego-Trip-265970151.html#ixzz36nMqx1Ln 
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM

My sister and I (she lives in 29) have been following this story closely. Tight lipped indeed. Guess we will see how this pans out in due time.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I think it's odd that her mother feels that her SIL had absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance. Denial.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

My sister and I (she lives in 29) have been following this story closely. Tight lipped indeed. Guess we will see how this pans out in due time.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh totally. However I am not convinced that she really does believe him. I think she may be pretending to side with him just so he doesn't clam up, and this way she can kind of keep an eye on him and stay at the house etc.  Maybe he will say something to her that will lead them to her daughter. I don't know.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I think it's odd that her mother feels that her SIL had absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance. Denial.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM
So sad :(.
JMmama
by Kara on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I hadn't heard anything about this. How sad. :-(
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM

How awful :(

adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM
It sounds suspicious... :(
adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM
That makes a lot of sense- that poor young woman :(

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Oh totally. However I am not convinced that she really does believe him. I think she may be pretending to side with him just so he doesn't clam up, and this way she can kind of keep an eye on him and stay at the house etc.  Maybe he will say something to her that will lead them to her daughter. I don't know.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM

This is just awful. 

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Wow!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)