Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Unbelievable!!!

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
  • 23 Replies

A mom on another site posted that her son's barracks will have bunk beds moved into the 2 person rooms, at JBLM. I wasn't sure where JBLM was so I Google it. Here is the 1st link that came up

OK for some reason it won't let me post the link? But they want to house illegal immigrants there in the "extra space" I don't think it's extra space if our Soldiers have to double up in the barracks

If you Google JBLM the article will be at the top.

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

At least they're not sleeping in fox holes! 

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:03 PM
5 moms liked this

they want to temporarily house CHILDREN- for christs sake these are kids whose parents sent thier kids to america, most because thier lives were at risk. they cannot house them in juvenile detention centers and they cannot put them in jails or fostor homes.

there are other branches stepping up to help house these kids until the US can decide what to do with them.

what would you have us -- the united states -- do with a bunch of kids that have no food, no clothes no family?

http://www.theolympian.com/2014/06/23/3196251/feds-could-tap-jblm-to-house-minors.html

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

After Googling JBLM (Join Base Lewis-McChord) I happened to find an article that said no decision has been made yet; however, the DOD will get paid to house these children while HHS does whatever it is going to do.  If the decision turns out to be a "yes," then there will be a 120 day contract issued for temporary housing. 

Times are tough--defense budgets are tight--this is a deal to make money.  They are children and HHS has to figure out what to do and the DOD can make some money from it. 

I'm just not getting the outrage in your post.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 2:42 PM

They've been doing this for awhile at Lackland. Not doubling up, but housing the HHS kids. I think it is a good use of space considering the desperate need for housing space for these kids. It's already set up, built, ready to go and it generates funds so seems like a good idea to me.

PAmomoffour
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Yes but there are many "children" who are 15-17 "boys" with gang tatoos.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

15-17 year olds are still children. They are still boys. I would be willing to bet you were not making the best decisions in that age group. I would also be willing to bet that those children need guidance, so why not give them good examples?

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:55 PM

please feel free to share the link to that information. 

Yes but there are many "children" who are 15-17 "boys" with gang tatoos.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this

They are children for goodness sake!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM
After living in a heavily populated Hispanic town filled with legals, illegals, and people here on visas my views have changed. Maybe not so much legally, but definitely humanitarily. I feel for those people/kids.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly this is an issue that we need to fix, desperately. While they may be children, we (as a financially strapped nation, can't afford to house them, feed them, provide them with medical care as a long term solution.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN