Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

More mandatory fun crap...*rant*

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM
  • 19 Replies

So apparently the new CO is very pro mandatory fun. Great. All spouses must attend the 'open house'  (which are 2x a year) The first one is the last week of August. What time? 4pm. Oh, you mean when all my kids are getting off the bus and I have to start dinner and then get off to football? What a wonderful time to pick. Then, there is a mandatory family pool party Aug 2. Well my DH will be TAD that day so he told him he will not be able to attend with his family. Apparently that is not good enough because the guy said well your wife and kids can still come. Excuse me? I do not want to go with out DH. So now I am stuck because I have to do this shit or DH will get a talking to. I really hate this.

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM

They can not FORCE you to go. they can encourage, but they can not force and if you dont he gets in trouble? that is BS

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Quoting sahmw2010:

They can not FORCE you to go. they can encourage, but they can not force and if you dont he gets in trouble? that is BS

Of course they can not FORCE me, and DH made that quite clear to me. But he also made it quite clear to me that he will get a talking to about it. I really don't want to do that to him so I suppose I will go with a fake friggen smile on my face.

Corieva
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:10 PM

That just sucks. Sorry...

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Aren't those kind of COs just the greatest...morale will be through the roof by the time this guy checks out (note sarcasm)!  I'm sorry, but that just blows! We had a skipper like that in California. I participated begrudgingly and threw the biggest BBQ when it was time for him to change to another command!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Those COs are just douche bags!  I'm sorry he put you in that position...so stupid.  Hope you have a little fun though!

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Tell them to kick rocks :)
lil_Army_Wife05
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:01 PM

My husbands 1SGT is like that. Lord, if we do not attend EVERY little thing, my husband gets his ass chewed out and screamed at. They go on to tell him that he and his family do not support our Military and that we are all shit bags! Yep, he has called me and our children this. The asshole even asked my husband if our 14 year old was GAY!

I can not WAIT to get away from this man!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Sorry :(. We have the opposite problem right now. Lots of mandatory off-time events but kids are not welcome. Call me crazy but I like being with my kids on the weekends and don't particularly want to pay for a bunch of babysitters.
B1Bomber
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

My husbands 1SGT is like that. Lord, if we do not attend EVERY little thing, my husband gets his ass chewed out and screamed at. They go on to tell him that he and his family do not support our Military and that we are all shit bags! Yep, he has called me and our children this. The asshole even asked my husband if our 14 year old was GAY!

I can not WAIT to get away from this man!

Our first sergeant didn't attend either of the family events I planned (I'm Key Spouse)...kind of hard to encourage participation when the morale people aren't even interested.

And they aren't even mandatory fun, just regular fun. We did a Trunk or Treat for the kids in October and an Easter Egg hunt (for kids) and video scavenger hunt (for adults, with prizes) in April. And I'm planning a cookout at the lake in a few weeks but anticipating about five families.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Show up, walk up to the CO go "Okay I'm here, you saw me, now I have better shit to do, deuces."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)