Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Moving....

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:33 AM
  • 17 Replies

FINALLY! We are moving from Germany to California! Thank goodness!! I cannot wait to leave here! It is currently 11:20am in Germany, and it is Wed July 9th and we leave on the 11th! At least I hope so. Lol. They messed up the husbands orders and they didn't add our daughter who was born here in Germany and so he needed an amendment to get the tickets. So he got that yesterday while we were clearing housing, and he is taking them over to the lady today. Plus he has to finish clearing the base which should be done today. Oh gosh, I cannot wait to leave here! We have been here for 2 years, and I never wanted to come but I came to support my hubs cause he wanted to come here. So now we get to leave and I am so thrilled! smile

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I've never heard of anyone not liking Germany... weird.

Hopefully you'll like California better.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Congrats and good luck. Hope you get your daughter's ticket in time.

MrsViau
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Well everyone is different, I hate it here. Not my place to be. We are from Cali so we are going home. 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

MrsViau
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Hubby said that he got it this morning! Thank goodness. Lol. Thought I was going to have to pack her in my carry-on. Haha

Quoting UCFknight:

Congrats and good luck. Hope you get your daughter's ticket in time.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM

It wasn't a judgment it's just weird to me, you're literally the first person I've ever heard of that didn't like Germany.

I'm from Cali too, and I live in Cali again...I'm remembering why I left now... DH retires in a few years, we're fleeing back to the East Coast the second we can.

Quoting MrsViau:

Well everyone is different, I hate it here. Not my place to be. We are from Cali so we are going home. 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I have been in Germany for 3 weeks and I like it so far. I just have to get used to the way things are done and get my electronics to work. We are going to try to stay longer. It is too much crap to do to only stay 3 years. Good luck in Cali. Where are you in Germany?
sbranom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I had a neighbor in Germany who couldn't wait to move back to the States either. She never got out or traveled. Her idea of vacation was going to the big PX in Ramstein and eating at the American restaurants. 

There were days that I was homesick and couldn't wait to leave, but those were few and far between. I mostly missed good Mexican food, especially after I found a good Korean restaurant. 

DH and I have talked about tring to get GS jobs back in Germany when he retires. I would like to be by a bigger base next time though. 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

It wasn't a judgment it's just weird to me, you're literally the first person I've ever heard of that didn't like Germany.

I'm from Cali too, and I live in Cali again...I'm remembering why I left now... DH retires in a few years, we're fleeing back to the East Coast the second we can.

Quoting MrsViau:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Good luck with your move! My hubby lived in Germany for 15 years. I'm sure they were thrilled when he finally left for good! ;-)

adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Good luck with your move :)
MrsViau
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I'm currently on Stuttgart. Took me awhile to get used to it, but it's just not for me. It's the cold mostly. I have fibro and the cold really hurts me all the time.

Quoting cocoroo: I have been in Germany for 3 weeks and I like it so far. I just have to get used to the way things are done and get my electronics to work. We are going to try to stay longer. It is too much crap to do to only stay 3 years. Good luck in Cali. Where are you in Germany?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN