Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

It was just a joke . . .

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:14 AM
  • 71 Replies

Mobile Photo

http://aattp.org/breaking-us-sailor-sends-rape-threats-to-future-female-sailors-online/

An active duty sailor threatened to rape her for posting a picture of herself in workout attire. Nicholas Lord is a nuclear electrician in the US Navy, stationed in Washington State – possibly aboard the USS Nimitz. Nicholas is married and apparently his wife also has no problem with him making random rape threats – as she liked his explanation that he posted on his facebook page explaining that he was “just trolling feminist pages.” That’s funny! I don’t recall the Delayed Entry Program being an advocate for anything other than joining the military.

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Wow.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

WTF is wrong with people?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I don't take offense to this. He was obviously joking, he's got a sick twist of humor. I bet most of you have read 50 Shades Of Grey. No, he was not appropriate.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM
In order to be in that feild you need to have a sick twisted sense of humor. Rarely was there a day I didn't hear those guys tell a dead baby joke. I know he will barely get a slap on the wrist.

My question to you is was there a line? Did he cross it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't take offense to this. He was obviously joking, he's got a sick twist of humor. I bet most of you have read 50 Shades Of Grey. No, he was not appropriate.

Reina13
by Reina on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

The idea that anyone would think this is okay is just sad.

Slut shaming, blaming the victim, 'boys will be boys', "it's just  his twisted sense of humor" mentality is what is wrong with society. As long as society continues to make excuses for these people they will continue to think that their inappropriate behavior is okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I guess there could be a line. But, no I do not think he crossed it it's the internet. He didn't threaten her with killing her. Like I said, I bet most of the offended ones are the women who read 50 Shades Of Grey and got horny off the book. It's just hypocrisy at it's finest. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges. I do not know this guy, but I am defending that he was joking, men are stupid and they do tell dead baby jokes and they cuss a lot. No, he should not have said he was going to rape her but he obviously did not mean it. Well, I guess maybe he could have if he knew her, where she lived and worked at...

Quoting TAG9lbs: In order to be in that feild you need to have a sick twisted sense of humor. Rarely was there a day I didn't hear those guys tell a dead baby joke. I know he will barely get a slap on the wrist. My question to you is was there a line? Did he cross it?
Quoting Anonymous:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM

WTF? lol Yeah, ok.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess there could be a line. But, no I do not think he crossed it it's the internet. He didn't threaten her with killing her. Like I said, I bet most of the offended ones are the women who read 50 Shades Of Grey and got horny off the book. It's just hypocrisy at it's finest. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges. I do not know this guy, but I am defending that he was joking, men are stupid and they do tell dead baby jokes and they cuss a lot. No, he should not have said he was going to rape her but he obviously did not mean it. Well, I guess maybe he could have if he knew her, where she lived and worked at...

Quoting TAG9lbs: In order to be in that feild you need to have a sick twisted sense of humor. Rarely was there a day I didn't hear those guys tell a dead baby joke. I know he will barely get a slap on the wrist. My question to you is was there a line? Did he cross it?
Quoting Anonymous:

Reina13
by Reina on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I know! WTF does 50 Shades of Grey have to do with a man calling a girl a whore AND threatening to rape her? This wasn't a sex game between partners. This is a stranger making very inappropriate and threatening remarks to a girl unknown to him on the internet. What a douchebag

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

WTF? lol Yeah, ok.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, that guy needs a hell of a lot more than a slap on the wrist. He was only joking? Okay well his "joke" is NOT funny or okay.

Quoting Reina13:

The idea that anyone would think this is okay is just sad.

Slut shaming, blaming the victim, 'boys will be boys', "it's just  his twisted sense of humor" mentality is what is wrong with society. As long as society continues to make excuses for these people they will continue to think that their inappropriate behavior is okay.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:50 PM

There is a HUGE difference between a dead baby joke, and threatening to rape someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)