Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Rucker, AL

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Is anyone stationed there or has anyone been? Just got word that is where we are PCSing to. I would love some info about it if anyone has any. We have a 3 year old son, 2 dogs, hubby and I. Just wanting to know what to expect.

Thanks!

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Good God NOOOO! Just the thought of being in Alabama sounds... eww...
armyguysangel
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Lol I have the same feeling at this moment! I was really hoping we would have gotten Virginia but it didn't happen. At least I know I'm not the only one cringing over this!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Not me, hope you get more responses.
armyguysangel
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Currently we are at Fort Hood and several people said it was awful but I love it here, anything is better than being back in Korea!
firemom702
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Are you on the Rucker Wives page on FB?
I'm at Rucker now and was terrified before I got here. It's really not that bad. We live off post which in nice but on post has it's benefits. Very friendly neighborhoods on post with lots of activities for young kids and families. I drive on/off post multiple times a day which gets old, so if I could do it again I'd be on post (now if you/your spouse are higher ranking and permanent party off post might be a better choice)
armyguysangel
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I just got on their page last night and the ladies have been amazing! They have really put my mind at ease. We will be permenant party. I am not sure if we would be able to live on post though since we have a Bull Terrier ( the Target dog) most posts are anti bully breeds of any kind

Quoting firemom702: Are you on the Rucker Wives page on FB?
I'm at Rucker now and was terrified before I got here. It's really not that bad. We live off post which in nice but on post has it's benefits. Very friendly neighborhoods on post with lots of activities for young kids and families. I drive on/off post multiple times a day which gets old, so if I could do it again I'd be on post (now if you/your spouse are higher ranking and permanent party off post might be a better choice)
firemom702
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Thought the question looked familiar. The page is very active and everyone is so helpful. I do believe you can get an exception to breed restrictions if you meet certain criteria. Good luck with the move!

Quoting armyguysangel: I just got on their page last night and the ladies have been amazing! They have really put my mind at ease. We will be permenant party. I am not sure if we would be able to live on post though since we have a Bull Terrier ( the Target dog) most posts are anti bully breeds of any kind

Quoting firemom702: Are you on the Rucker Wives page on FB?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)