Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family....

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM
  • 30 Replies
They drive me insane! Extended family....people are so selfish and inefficient and it annoys the crap out of me!

Are you close with your (or DH's) extended family?

We are at a family reunion for my husbands family and I'm SO ready to go home. Is it Wednesday yet?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:10 AM
So sorry!!! Hope it gets better or time passes quickly!
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Oh but to answer your question, we are pretty close with our extended family but dh's side less than mine. We take a vacation every summer with my entire extended family and it's awesome!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM
It's ok. Everyone is different. I just need to be more patient and flexible:)

Quoting SlapItHigh: So sorry!!! Hope it gets better or time passes quickly!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I imagine you're close since you guys live near each other. What a great thing!

Quoting SlapItHigh: Oh but to answer your question, we are pretty close with our extended family but dh's side less than mine. We take a vacation every summer with my entire extended family and it's awesome!
JMmama
by Kara on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I am very close with my husbands extended family. They are great but definitely make decisions sometimes that I cannot understand, lol.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I can totally see that as DH's is the same way. They are amazing people who love my son and care for him extremely well. It's the rest of the family that drives me nuts! Lol

Quoting JMmama: I am very close with my husbands extended family. They are great but definitely make decisions sometimes that I cannot understand, lol.
mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Ugh, sorry. :(

Luckily with DH his extended family doesn't exist. It's him, his mom, her husband, his brother, and brother's wife. That's IT. I keep in contact with my extended family but we don't do reunions or anything.

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Yeah, I think living closer helps!  My dad's side of the family live here but I'm close with my mom's side too.  Most of them live int he midwest.  Went to KC to visit them a couple of months ago.  We are flying out to Oregon in a couple weeks, to visit my sister and her family.  I can't wait!

Most of dh's side lives in NC and we don't visit them very often, lol.

Quoting darbyakeep45: I imagine you're close since you guys live near each other. What a great thing!
Quoting SlapItHigh: Oh but to answer your question, we are pretty close with our extended family but dh's side less than mine. We take a vacation every summer with my entire extended family and it's awesome!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM

And I thought my dh's side of the family was small!  Your dh's is even smaller!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Luckily with DH his extended family doesn't exist. It's him, his mom, her husband, his brother, and brother's wife. That's IT. I keep in contact with my extended family but we don't do reunions or anything.

mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:36 AM

My dh was in for a bit of a shock when he started dating me, my family is pretty darn big, add in that both of my parents remarried...lots and lots of family.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

And I thought my dh's side of the family was small!  Your dh's is even smaller!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)