Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

News of Deployment...but no orders...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 20 Replies

DH has been hearing for a while now that the whole battalion will be deploying the beginning of next year. I keep telling him not to get his hopes up because nothing is in writing yet (no orders) but he won't listen to me. He says it's a sure thing because now his platoon sergeant is talking about it and said it's a fact and will happen.

Is that the case? I want him to get the chance to deploy just as much as he does but I feel like we shouldn't get our hopes up and expect it to happen until it's in writing...

What's your experience with this? Is it possible to get word of a deployment well ahead of orders?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is in the Navy, and when he deploys, he doesn't get any additional orders for it.  He's on submarines and they go in and out all the time.  I honestly have no clue how it works in other branches.  Good luck though!

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Works that way all the time. Deployments, most of the time, are on a rotation. My husband just got back from his last deployment and due to the rotation, he is already scheduled for next year.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
This is how it has always been for my husband. Getting ready for another one right now.

Quoting DvlDogWfe: Works that way all the time. Deployments, most of the time, are on a rotation. My husband just got back from his last deployment and due to the rotation, he is already scheduled for next year.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

With my DH they get cancelled and moved up or back so I never believe anything until his pelican case is open in my kitchen and his gear is spread out all over the floor but if that's the current rumor it's probably close to accurate it's just a matter of time.

cocoroo
by Coco on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:34 AM
There are rumors of deployments that never happen, but then there are many that do. What branch is your dh?
BellaRose17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Army :)

Quoting cocoroo: There are rumors of deployments that never happen, but then there are many that do. What branch is your dh?

JMmama
by Kara on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:41 PM
DH's last deployment we knew about a year out that it was happening but he didn't get orders until 3 or 4 weeks before he left.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe anything until it's official!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Yep.  I don't believe it until I see my husband pack his sea bag...even then I'm still weary they will leave on time as they never do!  LOL!

Quoting SlapItHigh: I don't believe anything until it's official!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM
If he's reserves don't expect orders until the very last second lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN