Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Partnering up with a charity for needy military families

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  • 17 Replies
Im part of a non profit mitary non profit military charity. Im at Ft. Bliss and need some help getting off the ground. Anyone interested helping me spread the word? I will give more details if anyone is interested. Its a great charity.
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AirForceWife13
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Bump!
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You're an Airforce wife stationed at an army base?
What's your charity, more details?
AirForceWife13
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM
This os an OLD sn that I never xhanged. At the base we retired at ( my dh is retired military) we bake bday cakes for needy military families. Its called Operation Phatntom cakes Ft. Bliss. You can find us on FB. There are a few chapters already up and running and a few weeks ago I started a chapter at Ft. Bliss texas. If you know anyone in Ft. Hood or Ft. BLISS we need volunteers. This is a great cause. Spread the word for us and help us get as many volunteers as possible. Or even just go like the page so we can get our name out there. :-)

Quoting Susan0805: You're an Airforce wife stationed at an army base?
What's your charity, more details?
AirForceWife13
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Bumpity bump bump!!!
sbranom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Hi! I'm part of the chapter at Ft Hood. 

AirForceWife13
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Hi! Thats great! Im having trouble getting women to actually sign up and fill out the forms. They all like the idea and like the page but have yet to fill out the forms needed. Its only been about 2-3 weeks and Ive only had a handful of people acrually fill out the forms.

Quoting sbranom:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
We just PCS' d from Bliss (thank goodness) or I would have totally helped you out! I have a couple of friends still there and one is a big baker. I will pass the word along to her
AirForceWife13
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Thank you! Word of mouth is the best. :-) Just tell anyone and everyone to check out operation phantom cakes ft bliss on FB and theyll find us.

Quoting mnkymommy08: We just PCS' d from Bliss (thank goodness) or I would have totally helped you out! I have a couple of friends still there and one is a big baker. I will pass the word along to her
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Good luck!

sbranom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM

That's frustrating. You'll always get people who like the idea, but won't take the time to actually do the work. For a while we had a problem with people doing cakes, but not wanting to do events to fund-raise and get the name out. Try contacting people who run home bakeries, or stake out a Wilton class at the local Michael's or Hobby Lobby.  I hope it works out for you. And don't be afraid of kicking people out for not doing any work. 

Quoting AirForceWife13: Hi! Thats great! Im having trouble getting women to actually sign up and fill out the forms. They all like the idea and like the page but have yet to fill out the forms needed. Its only been about 2-3 weeks and Ive only had a handful of people acrually fill out the forms.
Quoting sbranom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN