Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

For those who typically get 4 day holidays.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Which holidays are they typically? My DH started a new job and he got 4 day weekends on the the 4th of July, and I think he got a 4 day on Memorial Day weekend. Is it the same for Labor Day? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Anything else I'm missing?

This is unusual because his old job they always worked the 'down days'.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:27 AM
We are in Germany, so my dh gets four days once a month. He has one this weekend coming up. Then, he has one for Labor Day.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Let me see..... since Feb of last year this is what DH has had for four days:
Day after the Super Bowl (don't know if this is everywhere or just where we were stationed)
Easter
Memorial Day (either 3/4)
Fourth of July
Labor Day
Vererans Day
Thanksgiving
Xmas
New Years Eve
and some training holidays as well. I may have missed some and some may have only been 3 days. Between him and the 3 school age kids we have it is hard to keep track of long weekends and at our last duty station they had a regular CQ rotation so he may not have been home for some. I also know he gets at least the morning of our wedding anniversary off.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:49 AM

He gets a 4 day weekend once each month?  That's awesome!  

Quoting cocoroo: We are in Germany, so my dh gets four days once a month. He has one this weekend coming up. Then, he has one for Labor Day.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It honestly all depends on what branch and job your spouse is in.  When my husband is on sea duty their holidays are limited, but shore duty, they get more. 

Moorefam1
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:52 AM
My husband got a 96 for 4th of July, thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, Veterans Day and I think that's it
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM

What is this 4 day thing people talk about? (totally sarcastic!) My husbands job, if he gets the 4 day it isn't the normal days everyone else gets! 

kmeow
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM

My husband, too. We actually got three four days in July, including this last weekend, because he gets training holidays and brigade holidays off, too.

Quoting cocoroo: We are in Germany, so my dh gets four days once a month. He has one this weekend coming up. Then, he has one for Labor Day.

cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
That sucks monkey balls.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

What is this 4 day thing people talk about? (totally sarcastic!) My husbands job, if he gets the 4 day it isn't the normal days everyone else gets! 

Izsarejman
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Just about every 3 day weekend is a 96 for mine. He's in a c-school and they really are good about it. When he was an instructor, he had to go in the day after thanksgiving every year. 3 day weekends always had a catch. Last minute training or NKO courses always preceded them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM

That's how it was for my husband for the past 6 years. He finally landed an Instructor job and get all the normal Down Days off! I LOVE his new job.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN