Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

fight

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
okay so me and my husband had our first deployment argument of course it was about money but I just feel like feel like that if something bad were to happen to have never forgive myself please somebody give me some advice on how to deal with arguing while on deployments. he hung up on me today and I haven't talked to him since
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM
It's normal. We have heated discussion over money every deployment. We're at the beginning of ours and I can see it coming.
Luckily he's in a dry country or we would be having the drinking fights too.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Just because he's deployed, it doesn't make him absent from the marriage. Arguments happen. Something I always try to do with dh and even the kids is tell them "I'm angry with you, but I still love you." then leave it at that. One fight doesn't undo your love for one another :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I agree with the above comment.  When my husband is gone, we don't argue b/c we don't get to talk.  I'm lucky to get an email.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Don't blame yourself--arguments are going to happen no matter where he is.  You know his style with arguments and this adds another one to it.  Let him cool down and the next time you get to talk with him the two of you can have a more rational conversation.  It might be a little while until he can talk with you again so try not to do the "what if" thing. 

Moorefam1
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Your a married couple, you will fight no matter where he is but In my marriage we try our hardest to not fight about money because money comes and goes. I make a budget written out and whoever steps outside the budget is in the wrong and it's in plain sight so there is no arguing about it. A simple you were in the wrong please don't continue to do it usually does the trick and it's over. But don't kill yourself with guilt. We all fight
ndmerz12
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:30 PM
thank you we talked today and everything is fine we both are sorry and that's all that matters I told him I love him and I can't wait to see him. our deployment is kind of weird because he's only in Kuwait right now he's counter Intel and he could have future plans to go else where so we can say we haven't set up Skype . but thank you so much ladies
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Glad it blew over quickly!

Quoting ndmerz12: thank you we talked today and everything is fine we both are sorry and that's all that matters I told him I love him and I can't wait to see him. our deployment is kind of weird because he's only in Kuwait right now he's counter Intel and he could have future plans to go else where so we can say we haven't set up Skype . but thank you so much ladies
Telo319
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Don't feel bad when they are on deployment it's normal to argue annoy everything from money to the kids. Just remain positive and let him cool off. Once this have blown over expires your concerns.
ndmerz12
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Yea me too lol

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Glad it blew over quickly!

Quoting ndmerz12: thank you we talked today and everything is fine we both are sorry and that's all that matters I told him I love him and I can't wait to see him. our deployment is kind of weird because he's only in Kuwait right now he's counter Intel and he could have future plans to go else where so we can say we haven't set up Skype . but thank you so much ladies
ndmerz12
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Yea me too lol

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Glad it blew over quickly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)