Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Ads in Safari?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have an ad bar now every time I use the internet on my iPhone in Safari. It's an ad for an app. It has an "x" that makes you think you can x it out but nothing actually happens when you hit the x.

I tried google and only found pages saying that there's nothing you can do to get rid of it. Really? Does anyone know anything about these app ads? It prevents me from being able to see or click on my recent posts and other stuff in the tool bar for CM. It also prevents me from being able to read the full text on on other sites. Yesterday I was trying to read a study on pubmed and I couldn't access the top part on any page in the review.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Hi,

Please send a note to The CafeMom Team via the contact us link at the bottom of every page.

Send them all the detaisl you can and include a screenshot.

They will be able to check intot his issue for you.

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I will do that but I'm just realizing that my post made it sound like it's just on CafeMom. It's on any page I have open in Safari. So it's not a CM ad. It's Safari giving me ads for apps.

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Hi,

Please send a note to The CafeMom Team via the contact us link at the bottom of every page.

Send them all the detaisl you can and include a screenshot.

They will be able to check intot his issue for you.

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I edited my post to hopefully so a better job of describing the problem. I figured other iPhone users may have encountered this with safari.
RKL10
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Which iPhone do you have? I have an iphone5 and don't have any ads in safari did you maybe get a virus that's the only thing I can think of maybe go to apple and ask or call. Hopefully you get it fixed!
Izsarejman
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM
I get ads when I use full site. Not so much as mobile.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I have an iphone5. When I googled it, people said safari has ads and there's nothing you can do about it. I've had ads from time to time but I've always been able to x them out.

Quoting RKL10: Which iPhone do you have? I have an iphone5 and don't have any ads in safari did you maybe get a virus that's the only thing I can think of maybe go to apple and ask or call. Hopefully you get it fixed!
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
It's not CM ads that I'm having. It's safari ads. I use the mobile site.

Quoting Izsarejman: I get ads when I use full site. Not so much as mobile.
Izsarejman
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I use both because one of the sections I go to can't be accessed through mobile. I do see ads every now and then with mobile. I can't turn them off through my iPhone and I don't think there's a legit ad blocker for ios users.

Quoting SlapItHigh: It's not CM ads that I'm having. It's safari ads. I use the mobile site.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM
It's so frustrating!

Quoting Izsarejman: I use both because one of the sections I go to can't be accessed through mobile. I do see ads every now and then with mobile. I can't turn them off through my iPhone and I don't think there's a legit ad blocker for ios users.

Quoting SlapItHigh: It's not CM ads that I'm having. It's safari ads. I use the mobile site.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM
My husband figured out how to get rid of it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)