Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Still Waiting.....

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 16 Replies
Still waiting for reimbursement for our washer, dryer and two antique dressers that were broken by the movers during our PCS. DH filed the claim and they said it would be resolved in 60 days. Well, it has been 60 days and still nothing..... In the meantime I've had to go and buy new things because we had nothing to put our clothes in and going to the laundromat with 4 kids in the house is ridiculously expensive. I have receipts from our broken washer/dryer set because it was only 3 months old when we PCS' d and DH was told to provide a copy of them (which he did). Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you go about resolving it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:38 AM

No experience and I'm sorry you're dealing with this!

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:47 AM
It's just so frustrating. Worse part is the fact that we have to keep the stuff until they send someone to look at it. Which means that I get too see my broken stuff every time I go into the garage. Ugh

Quoting darbyakeep45:

No experience and I'm sorry you're dealing with this!

karla41164
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM

When our thinds were broken with this last move we received the reimbursement in 24 days?  have you called them?

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:47 AM
They probably meant 60 WORKING DAYS! What a sham!!
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM
I called and they said that nothing had changed in the system and then the person I was speaking with reminded me they had 60 days. I told them it had been 60 days and the person said there wasn't too much they could do about it at that time. Ugh

Quoting karla41164:

When our thinds were broken with this last move we received the reimbursement in 24 days?  have you called them?

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Idk. When I called yesterday they weren't very helpful (big surprise). I've already started putting money to the side for our next move because there is no way I am having the Army move us again. Not after all this BS.

Quoting mrsary: They probably meant 60 WORKING DAYS! What a sham!!
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Wow! I'm sorry. Hope it gets taken care of soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Me too. Apparently it's pretty much a given when PCSing from Bliss :/

Quoting violinjewel: Wow! I'm sorry. Hope it gets taken care of soon.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Ugh, sorry. I'd be calling them 3x a day, so that they get so sick of hearing me they'd just get it done already.

cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:02 PM
They have until the 16th to figure our claim out. It is so annoying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)