Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Summer has gone by so fast!

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:33 AM
  • 42 Replies

When do your kids go back to school?  I can't believe it's August, and summer is almost over...this summer has gone by so fast.  It's crazy!

My son starts school on September 15, so we have plenty of time to get things done before it starts.  When does school start for your kids?  

Those of you who are overseas, how are schools over there?

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Our girls start school the 15th and get out May 21. They are very excited to start and already have their outfits planned. We take them to Back to School Night on Thursday night to meet their teachers, see their classroom and set up their desks. I think I am just as excited about the first day of school as they are. I start my new job and it's our wedding anniversary as well on that day. :)
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM

They start here on the 20th. My daughter is starting middle school this year.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM

My kids already started here in AZ last week, Aug 4. It did go by fast!

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM
My kids are starting on the 20th. We do online home school, so we still have a lot of activities planned for while it's still warm. I think we still have a few camping trips planned, at least one next month for my son's birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RKL10
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:33 AM
My daughter isn't old enough to go to school yet but the schools out here started July 21 or. July 28 th (they do school year round out here)
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

We homeschool and DS wanted to start the second Grammy pulled out of the driveway(she always visits the month of June so that is "summer break" to him). I put him off for 3 weeks because I was still getting organized, our room set up and a few more materials. It's still not quite right but functioning. We started July 28th(about 2weeks before I was planning to). He is doing great though and really loves/is excited about what we are learning so it's worth it even if I miss summer break! We are starting our rainforest unit next week and he's dying to get into the books, puzzles, and activities. He was stuck to me like Velcro today when I was putting up the posters and cutting out some of the laminated stuff.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Wow...lots going on for you guys soon.  That's great!  How's your baby?  New job...that's always good!  Where are you working?  Happy Anniversary!

Quoting mnkymommy08: Our girls start school the 15th and get out May 21. They are very excited to start and already have their outfits planned. We take them to Back to School Night on Thursday night to meet their teachers, see their classroom and set up their desks. I think I am just as excited about the first day of school as they are. I start my new job and it's our wedding anniversary as well on that day. :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Good luck to her...big changes for ya'll!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

They start here on the 20th. My daughter is starting middle school this year.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Wow...early start!  You guys probably got out of school late May then?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

My kids already started here in AZ last week, Aug 4. It did go by fast!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great...camping trips are always the best:)

Quoting violinjewel: My kids are starting on the 20th. We do online home school, so we still have a lot of activities planned for while it's still warm. I think we still have a few camping trips planned, at least one next month for my son's birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN