Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Any of you ladies at Camp Pendelton now or familiar with it?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

This weekend my DH has mandatory meetings at Camp Pendelton (we are in Yuma,AZ). The CO is very family friendly so he authorized them to bring their families and stay at the beach cottages for the weekend as well. Now I know how to get to Camp Pendelton gate  but I do not know how I am going to get to the Del Ray cottages? My GPS will not let me plug it in. DH will be leaving at 9am on Fri and I am waiting for school to end so I am driving by myself (ugh). Any help will be appreciated!

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

No clue but have fun!

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Don't know. Maybe they can give you directions at the gate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM
That's what dh suggested. But it will be right at the busy end of work time and you know they are just going to point in a direction to keep things moving lol! My dh is going to see if he can get me a base map. I am really stressing about this and wish he was going to be driving us. I hate driving in unfamiliar places.

Quoting violinjewel: Don't know. Maybe they can give you directions at the gate?
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Good luck! Hope it isn't too difficult to find.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: That's what dh suggested. But it will be right at the busy end of work time and you know they are just going to point in a direction to keep things moving lol! My dh is going to see if he can get me a base map. I am really stressing about this and wish he was going to be driving us. I hate driving in unfamiliar places.

Quoting violinjewel: Don't know. Maybe they can give you directions at the gate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moorefam1
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Ask or directions at the gate. Worse comes to worse you'll just drive around base. It's all gated in so you won't get lost and you can just ask someone walking around. Me and my husband were in Yuma! We just moved to nj 2 years ago for recruiting duty
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Are you talking about the Villas on Del Mar Beach at Camp Pendleton?

If so...

http://www.mccscp.com/delmarbeach/

Go to the above, click on Maps & Directions. The directions are pretty clear so you should be okay. :)

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Pendleton is HUGE, a person could easily get lost on it.

Quoting Moorefam1: Ask or directions at the gate. Worse comes to worse you'll just drive around base. It's all gated in so you won't get lost and you can just ask someone walking around. Me and my husband were in Yuma! We just moved to nj 2 years ago for recruiting duty

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Now if you meant the Cottages on San Onofre Beach up there...

http://www.mccscp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/San-Onofre-Beach-Alternate-Entrance.pdf

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM
That's what I am worried about, it is such a big base. Yes, the del mar ones. Thanks for the link. I will check it out now!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting Moorefam1: Ask or directions at the gate. Worse comes to worse you'll just drive around base. It's all gated in so you won't get lost and you can just ask someone walking around. Me and my husband were in Yuma! We just moved to nj 2 years ago for recruiting duty

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM

No problem, the Del Mar instructions are better so it's good that's the one you're going to. ;)

Quoting MrsDavidB25: That's what I am worried about, it is such a big base. Yes, the del mar ones. Thanks for the link. I will check it out now!
Quoting mom2jessnky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN