Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Beyond confused

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
Alright i am officially confused and hoping some one in here can shed some light. My husband has orders for Richardson. Has his report date, has his "unit info" though i know that can change when he in processes, it did for here. His sponsor person has already contacted him with info on things. But for command sponsorship form for me to take to EFMP we are at a stand still. Thats not my confusion. I was talking to my husband over the weekend about it and he informed me that he has only been told all his info that he told me about. That he has not yet been handed the official paper. He is hoping to get it after this rotation. But how is that possible? In our past experience, he has had the official orders in hand before his sponsor even contacts him.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
So he has an assignment but no orders. His squadron knows he is supposed to come and were proactive and assigned a sponsor. That has happened with our last 2 overseas pcs' and is good thing because we didn't have physical orders until 10 days prior to our last pcs.
SneezyAl
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:43 AM
It is common to already have the information and a sponsor at the next base without actually having the orders.
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
It is normal. We knew about our move to Germany for almost a year. His base changed many times, but Germany didn't. He got his pinpoint assignment about 3-4months out, but it is because he had to have a pinpoint assignment. They did change his unit once we got here, so it didn't even matter. This place is a bit of a cluster, lol.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Glad these ladies could weigh in..good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN