Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What should people never say to military moms?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:10 AM
  • 24 Replies

Tell us, what are some things people should never say to military moms? i.e. "Do you really think the military is the right environment to raise a child?" Anything you would NEVER want to hear! Your anonymous response may be used in a story for The Stir. Thanks in advance!

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I guess my parenting isn't questionable or I'm not surrounded by assholes because I've never had anything negative said to me about my parenting OR the fact that my husband is in the military and we have kids. If anything I've been told it's a good thing my kids are military brats because they get to see new places and experience things they wouldn't otherwise experience.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I really don't want to participate for so called "authors" of the stir to make up stories and twist truths that they know nothing about. Perhaps if they were a bit more truthful and less opinionated articles I might consider.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Seriously. I don't know where they find their "writers" but they need to reconsider it. My cat could write better articles.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

I really don't want to participate for so called "authors" of the stir to make up stories and twist truths that they know nothing about. Perhaps if they were a bit more truthful and less opinionated articles I might consider.

3xangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM
This..

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I guess my parenting isn't questionable or I'm not surrounded by assholes because I've never had anything negative said to me about my parenting OR the fact that my husband is in the military and we have kids. If anything I've been told it's a good thing my kids are military brats because they get to see new places and experience things they wouldn't otherwise experience.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I agree. If anything I've had people tell me how well behaved my children are. We've been out to dinner as a family and DH be in his ASU's and people buy our dinner anonymously. I've only ever had people be gracious and supporting of what DH does.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Me too. I get compliments on my kids' behavior pretty regularly. 

I flew across the country when my kids were 18 months and 3 yrs old alone, at least 20 people on that flight told me how awesome my kids were. Gave me a warm fuzzy. Hopefully they're still good on planes now because we're flying to Norway this Spring to visit family. EEK!!!!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

I agree. If anything I've had people tell me how well behaved my children are. We've been out to dinner as a family and DH be in his ASU's and people buy our dinner anonymously. I've only ever had people be gracious and supporting of what DH does.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll pass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michaelsmom0522
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Lol I'll play. I don't know if it's what they're looking for but it's pretty irritating when we are out with people and get asked if we can use our discount for this or that?
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM
This

Quoting mom2jessnky:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM
4 moms liked this

"I'm doing an article for the Stir"...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN