Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Mother of all internet trolls

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 19 Replies

I watched a documentary on Netflix about Tania Head, internet troll extraordinaire. She joined 9/11 survivors support groups, got to know them and then became one of them. She even became the president of their survivors organization! She made up an elaborate story about being married to a man who died in the Twin Towers and how she had been badly burned after the second plane hit. She claimed to have been rescued by the man in the red bandana and even met with his family to thank them. The truth was that she was living in Spain during 9/11 and she had never even been to NY until she decided to become her internet persona. The whole story is so bizarre and creepy! 

Here's a youtube vid about it ... the Netflix/Hulu documentary is called "The Woman Who Wasn't There".

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! That's just creepy. Some people are so off, it's scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Wow!  I'll have to watch this!

somuchlove4U
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I watched that as well. I couldn't believe someone would have the balls to do that.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:37 PM

What in the hell is wrong with people?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Oh this is a must see. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy crazy on a Saturday night. =)

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Ditto

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh this is a must see. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy crazy on a Saturday night. =)

Mommy2Bri425
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I just watched this like 4 days ago. That bitch (and I call her that because of what she did to those survivors) was batshit crazy!! She is such an intelligent woman. No need for all of those lies. That loon.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Yeah, she is intelligent and ambitious .. but she channeled it in the wrong way. I think she went nutty after she lost her arm in that car accident.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

I just watched this like 4 days ago. That bitch (and I call her that because of what she did to those survivors) was batshit crazy!! She is such an intelligent woman. No need for all of those lies. That loon.

Mommy2Bri425
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Shameful.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Yeah, she is intelligent and ambitious .. but she channeled it in the wrong way. I think she went nutty after she lost her arm in that car accident.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Yikes, that is crazy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)