Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

For the love of pete! *vent*

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
So far we have had very good luck with neighbors. The people on either side of us are awesome. I was hoping it would hold out when it came to whoever moved in across the street. It definitely didn't. They have been here for a week and the MPs have been to their home at least 3 times that I know of. Once for them fighting on their front lawn at 10 pm and the other two because of the way they were yelling at their children. They also allow their kids to ride their tricycle/bicycle up and down the street unsupervised. The oldest is about 5 the youngest around 2/3. Our street is not a dead end and it's relatively busy. Even if it were a dead end, why would you let kids that young go all the way to the other end that you can't see from your house unsupervised. I'm hoping that they figure it out and either stop what they're doing or move. Or that housing steps in and does something. If living across the street from them is this annoying I can't begin to imagine what the people next door to them have to deal with.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I hate people like that...how annoying!

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:44 PM
It has been so peaceful here too. The only time we have really had to deal with a lot of noise besides when the landscapers come to mow is when the planes/helicopters are taking off from the airfield (it is right down the street from us). Now we get to listen to them scream at their kids all day. I feel bad foe their kids too. No little kid deserves to be treated like that. Hopefully the last visit from the MPs will stop the nonsense. Ugh.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I hate people like that...how annoying!

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM

That makes me feel so bad for their kids. 

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I feel bad for them too. DH said when they came over and asked our girls if they could play with them the wife came over and yelled at them and brought them back across the street. But you'll let them roam the neighborhood? I wouldn't have cared one bit if they stayed and played. The kids from two and three doors down always come play here. Poor kids must be miserable. :(

Quoting Molimomma:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Yikes, sounds like they're related to the idiots next door to me... I thought they had an ill behaved dog named Lucy...no Lucy is their 2yo daughter, the things they scream at her are just so lovely.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM

That's really sad. :(

Quoting mnkymommy08: I feel bad for them too. DH said when they came over and asked our girls if they could play with them the wife came over and yelled at them and brought them back across the street. But you'll let them roam the neighborhood? I wouldn't have cared one bit if they stayed and played. The kids from two and three doors down always come play here. Poor kids must be miserable. :(
Quoting Molimomma:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Isn't it awful!? Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Yikes, sounds like they're related to the idiots next door to me... I thought they had an ill behaved dog named Lucy...no Lucy is their 2yo daughter, the things they scream at her are just so lovely.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Oh my goodness!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:07 AM
It hard to live near people like that :(.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I feel bad for their kids. No one deserves to be yelled at like they are. I'm hoping something changes quickly over there.

Quoting SlapItHigh: It hard to live near people like that :(.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)