Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

pregnant and worried

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 12 Replies
Dh and I started ttc three months ago. We had it all planned out, this baby would be at the most two years younger than our dd so they would be close in age. Dh was told they were deploying amd got the dates for mob. So I went to my ob to get on birth control so I wouldn't be pregnant while he was gone just to find out we were already 4 weeks pregnant. Im happy but im also worried out of my mind. I was just wondering if there were any wives who have been pregnant and delivered while dh was gone. And if there was any advice that could be passed on please.
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:52 AM
DD#1 was 6 months old when DH deployed. I was already pregnant with DD#2 and delivered her during the deployment. He didn't meet her until she was 6 months old. I delivered DD#3 and was pregnant for part of his second deployment. He met her when she was 7 months old. He came back from this last deployment we started TTC in February, found out I was pregnant in March and he left for a 90 day TDY at the end of April, came home in July, left for another 60 days and was supposed to deploy on DS' s due date. The deployment was cancelled last minute. DS will be less than a year old when he deploys later this year amd we are waiting to find out if I am pregnant right now. My advice would be don't stress, take pictures, see if you can Skype during/right after delivery. It isn't the most ideal situation but remember, you aren't alone. Somewhere, someone else is doing it alone too. At least deployments aren't a year long anymore either. With DH's first three it was a year rotation. One year deployed, one year home. Also, see if at some point close to delivery someone can come stay with you like your mom, MIL, etc. it helps alot. GL :)
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I agree with everything above, you can do this, women do it all the time, it's not ideal but you've got this. :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM

You can do this mama!  My husband was gone for the entire 9 months of my pregnancy, including the day I found out my son had a terminal illness.  It was hard but I made it though.  Hugs!

SadAquarius
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I was pregnant & delivered while dh was deployed. Keep him up to date, so he doesn't feel like he's moving too much & it helps if you have family and friends that can be with you when you are close to delivering.
dawncs
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Have you sought out the support person on your base or your local pastor or religious leader? There is always help in the local community for wives of military personnel because most often family is at least a state or two away.

DisabledVet
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Yes and you'll be fine.

ERMDK
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:30 PM
We actually conceived via IVF while Dh was away at school. (For people who don't know or don't need to know the whole situation, I did fly out to see him the weekend before.) I was 11 weeks pregnant with twins when he left for a year in Korea. He took leave and flew home for their birth (since it wasn't a deployment) and came home for good when they were 6 months old. He was home for all of my next pregnancy and almost her first year, but when he left for school again, I found out I was pregnant again (third time). He actually missed my whole first trimester, and I was home alone with 3 kids under 3. I know none of those were actual deployments, but we all survived. Good luck!
MommiiDearest
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I delivered while my Hubby was gone. That was three months ago, and he still isn't home [blah].

Anyways, he was able to Skype with us during labor and delivery, so that was nice at least. You need to get good support group to be there with you [I had my mother and two doulas].

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:16 AM
It happens everyday! You will do fine. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!
sarianna47
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I'm right there with you!  I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and have an almost 2yr. old.  I have just had a total fall-apart moment this morning when my husband flew off for three weeks (he deploys two weeks after getting back).  We dated through his last deployment but everything is SO DIFFERENT now with a toddler and a another baby on the way! He is upset also but hides it very well, always great at distancing himself, at least to to the eyes of others, in heartbreaking situations.  I have so many fears and I swear the pregnancy hormones make it so much worse!!! Anyway, I'm here if you want to walk it together.  Just message me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN