Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What they say vs what they mean...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

They SAY your last active duty paycheck can be 2 weeks late.  What they MEAN is it can be 2 MONTHS late.

yeah...

Trying to find out if that will impede his retirement pay.  I am so over this shit.

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Say what?  That's crazy.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM

They told you two weeks? I don't think I've heard an actual time-frame .. just that it won't show up until the final audit is complete. I sure hope his retirement pay shows up on time! Should be Sept 1st, right?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Yup...  In the TAPS briefing and the VA briefing, they said it takes about 2 weeks to be audited....

And I fell for it!   lmao!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

They told you two weeks? I don't think I've heard an actual time-frame .. just that it won't show up until the final audit is complete. I sure hope his retirement pay shows up on time! Should be Sept 1st, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Surprise!! :(

I hope his first retirement check is on time. My husbands was. That was the one thing that did go right. Good luck.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I'm the same way. I always think things are going to go the way they're supposed to. Then the universe shows me how wrong I am. lol Is he going to file for disability? That's a good time. Not. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

Yup...  In the TAPS briefing and the VA briefing, they said it takes about 2 weeks to be audited....

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Indeed. 

Yes, he filed and should be getting his appointments soon.  Well, according to the VA rep at the clinic.  Hard to believe anything anymore... 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I'm the same way. I always think things are going to go the way they're supposed to. Then the universe shows me how wrong I am. lol Is he going to file for disability? That's a good time. Not. 

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Hope you guys get it soon!  Good luck with everything.

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM

That stinks! I remember my dad retired after 32 years active and the fiasco of pay drama he had to go through.

Mrs_Scott14
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM

That is absolutely CRAZY! After all the years of service you would think they would at least pay them on time. Smh.

Mrs_Scott

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN