Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Calling ALL Housewives

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM
  • 69 Replies

Good evening ladies! My fiancee and I have been engaged for three months now. The wedding is set for December. He wants for me to stay home; doesn't want me to work. This is fine by me because honestly, I have no desire to work. Only thing is, we have no children and when he comes home from his deployment he will be busy with work, so as a result I am and will continue to be BORED out of my MIND. What do you all recommend that I do? What hobbies do you all have? We're going to be trying for a baby when he comes home but until we get pregnant I'm bored as all get out and need something to do before I go crazy. You can only clean the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom so much lol Advice please; help please :)

Mrs_Scott

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanD
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm not a housewife, but I'll give you my 2 cents anyway :)

Go to college, volunteer, take up a craft

Personally, I would either go to college OR work. Its a good way to allow you to have your own identity, and while he is deployed it would allow you to stash away more money and set the two of you up with a nice savings, emergency fund, and set yourself up financially to start a family. Even if you were to just work part-time it would give you more income/savings, and allow you to socialize and make friends, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:42 PM

He doesn't want you to work? I know that you said that you don't want to work, but I'm just curious as to what he would say and how he would feel if you did plan on working. Do you have a say? I hope so.

Anyway, I agree with everything SusanD said. She gave you some really good advice.

Mrs_Scott14
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

@SusanD Hey boo thanks for your response! I'm actually a senior at UNF. So I will be done with school come summer of 2015. I have a hobby, I sew my own clothes. But honestly hun like I'm so bored! I can sew myself a new dress and my sisters new school clothes and it all look beautiful but I'm still bored. Like school starts next Monday so I won't be as bored. I guess my main concern is that once I finish school, what will I do. I don't want a part-time job. I don't think he wants me to work either. Please don't think he's like a super control freak or something he just wants me to be happy and he makes more than enough to pay our bills, debts, invest in a savings account, and still allow me to shop whenever. It's a good lifestyle. I just need something to do lol cafemom is my latest cure to boredom

Mrs_Scott14
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM

@SadAquarius   Volunteering sounds coolbeans. No work though lol I just can't see myself clocking in on somebody job. It's not something I want to do and he supports that so working, even a part-time, is out. But volunteering doesn't sound bad at all. Just gotta figure out what to volunteer for.

Del672
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you could volunteer at a local church, or food bank.  That way you could help out for as long, or as often that suits you.  

Mrs_Scott14
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM

@Del672 Thankyou hun and the rest of you ladies as well. Volunteering is looking more and more appealing by the minute.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Work or go to school until you get pregnant. If you are working, but you do not need the money, you have extra for a vacation or a "babymoon", you can set up a savings for when the baby comes (those things are expensive!), or you can just get a nice little savings egg for when something you want or need comes up later.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved volunteering at our local shelter! :-) I work from home, though. I want/need to at least make enough to contribute to my IRA. 

Mrs_Scott14
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

@usmclife58 currently in school. Honestly what the plan is so far is to finish school come spring of next year, hopefully I'll be pregnant by that time and just volunteer until the baby comes along. I've even toyed with the idea of sewing clothes for my family members and charging them for outfits lol just a lil side hustle that I don't mind doing.

Mrs_Scott14
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM

@chrlstoncharmed  what did you do at the local shelter?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)