Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

He can't work this much...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Quick Question... If someone were in the army, a CAV scout, not deployed, and just on base working, on average what would those hours look like? 

This whole I'm ALWAYS working thing... yea I'm not buying it. I have a feeling he's cheating. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
They work whatever the CO tells them to work. Sometimes it's all the time other times it's "normal" hours
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM

He's claiming he works almost 24/7 with a few hour break and has been for the past month... 

Quoting Soniam301: They work whatever the CO tells them to work. Sometimes it's all the time other times it's "normal" hours

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:29 PM

It depends. A good friend of ours is a CAV Scout working TRADOC, though, so normal office hours when not in a training cycle, but 24/7 when out in the field (which is usually 3-4 weeks).

Soniam301
by Sonia on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM
6 moms liked this
Either you trust him or you don't. Schedules never make sense with the military.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband isn't deployed, he works from 430am until 10pm daily, and he typically works 6 or 7 days per week. There are times when it's less (12-16 hours each day), but he is actually at work. He's not a scout, but he is in the same series.

Really it boils down to this...you either trust him or you don't. If you don't, then either work through it or stop wasting your time wondering if he is doing something wrong. Do something to change the situation.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Like Sonia said, either you trust him or you don't. Military hours can be crazy.

The only thing that's generally set about my DH's schedule is the time he goes in to work.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Yep, Sonia hit the nail on the head.

3xangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM
This. Why are you automatically jumping to cheating? What else is going on?

Quoting Soniam301: Either you trust him or you don't. Schedules never make sense with the military.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Well... some places do work like that. I know we do here at Fort Bragg. It is non stop working here most of the time. Just enough time off to shpwer, eat, and sleep! Lol. Not necessarily cheating.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Good example!!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

It depends. A good friend of ours is a CAV Scout working TRADOC, though, so normal office hours when not in a training cycle, but 24/7 when out in the field (which is usually 3-4 weeks).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN