Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Not much of an eater

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

My daughter (10 months old) has been on table food since she was 7 months. She stated weaning herself off bottles on her own at that time. So everyday I try to com up with a menu to give her everything she needs and it can be really frustrating. She is not much of an eater. I know she is fine because her weight is good, but she just does not like to eat. Any suggestions on how to help little ones get in all the nutrients they need??? (She still takes formula in cups throughout the day and at bedtime) TIA!

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

If her weight is fine, and she's still getting formula she's probably fine. Just keep offering her foods and she'll eat what she needs.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree here.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

If her weight is fine, and she's still getting formula she's probably fine. Just keep offering her foods and she'll eat what she needs.

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I agree here.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlnextdoornco
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe check with your pediatrician, there are chewable vitamins for kiddos. 

~sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy~

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You should check out the book "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. It's pretty awesome. Has suggestions on how to make your LO is getting everything they need when starting and continuing table foods as well as recipes for stuff too. I am on my second copy. I ordered it for a $1 with $2 shipping.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
She's still really young. Formula or breast milk should still make up the vast majority of her diet at this point anyway :). Just keep trying and she'll get there in time.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I do baby led solids. DS will be 9 months old next week and didn't start getting food until 8 months when he started showing interest in it. He still breastfeeds and it makes up 95% of his diet. He nurses early in the morning, then at breakfast he nurses and gets some actual food. Lunch is exclusively breastfeeding and he gets a snack with a sippy cup of BM during the day and eats and nurses again before bed. Some people I know have been giving their babies baby food since 4 months old and wonder why they're having stomach problems, reflux etc. Anyway, I agree with this 100%.

Quoting SlapItHigh: She's still really young. Formula or breast milk should still make up the vast majority of her diet at this point anyway :). Just keep trying and she'll get there in time.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this

This. Other foods should just be additions to her diet, not making up her diet.

Quoting SlapItHigh: She's still really young. Formula or breast milk should still make up the vast majority of her diet at this point anyway :). Just keep trying and she'll get there in time.

Photobucket

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby led solids = awesome!

Quoting mnkymommy08: I do baby led solids. DS will be 9 months old next week and didn't start getting food until 8 months when he started showing interest in it. He still breastfeeds and it makes up 95% of his diet. He nurses early in the morning, then at breakfast he nurses and gets some actual food. Lunch is exclusively breastfeeding and he gets a snack with a sippy cup of BM during the day and eats and nurses again before bed. Some people I know have been giving their babies baby food since 4 months old and wonder why they're having stomach problems, reflux etc. Anyway, I agree with this 100%.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I've done it with all 4 of our kids. DS is definitely a food lover though. He has eaten everything we've given him so far. He just had scrambled egg whites awith almond milk yesterday morning with a side of guavas mixed with strawberries and was so mad when it was gone. Lol. You would have thought someone had taken away his favorite toy. I am glad more people are taking this approach when it comes to starting their babies on solids. I think it makes for happier, healthier tummies and babies.

Quoting SlapItHigh: Baby led solids = awesome!

Quoting mnkymommy08: I do baby led solids. DS will be 9 months old next week and didn't start getting food until 8 months when he started showing interest in it. He still breastfeeds and it makes up 95% of his diet. He nurses early in the morning, then at breakfast he nurses and gets some actual food. Lunch is exclusively breastfeeding and he gets a snack with a sippy cup of BM during the day and eats and nurses again before bed. Some people I know have been giving their babies baby food since 4 months old and wonder why they're having stomach problems, reflux etc. Anyway, I agree with this 100%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN