Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

New here...and new to posting and long distance relationship!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 27 Replies

Good day,

I'm new to this group... I'm looking forward to reading your comments..

We've been living together for 6 months and now - he's been posted and I stayed back cause I need to have a job transfer before and since we haven't been together for a year i'm not a priority.

I'm having a hard time to get use to the long distance - not seeing him everyday - but I see him every weekend... I just don't feel his love like I do when we are together... don't here from him for hours days or nights....

Any positive feedback and comments are welcome.

Thanks

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by "since we haven't been together for a year"? You will never have any priority in the military unless you are married. 

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I was just thinking the same thing.....

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by "since we haven't been together for a year"? You will never have any priority in the military unless you are married. 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM
I don't understand this post. You say that you see him every weekend, but you said you haven't been with him in a year... I don't understand how that works.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM
If you aren't married his orders will ALWAYS be unaccompanied. He will live in the barracks, will not get on post housing etc. The military could care less about any soldier's girlfriend or fiance. So are you just "together" or married? And DH and I got married right before he signed up and since his AIT was 9 months he was issued orders that allowed us to accompany him and we weren't married for a year at that point.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Maybe she means they haven't been in a relationship for a year? Idk.

Quoting SusanD: I don't understand this post. You say that you see him every weekend, but you said you haven't been with him in a year... I don't understand how that works.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM
That would be even more strange...

Quoting mnkymommy08: Maybe she means they haven't been in a relationship for a year? Idk.

Quoting SusanD: I don't understand this post. You say that you see him every weekend, but you said you haven't been with him in a year... I don't understand how that works.
Sophie1809
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM

We need to live together for a year to be considered spousal support...

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM
This is true....

Quoting SusanD: That would be even more strange...

Quoting mnkymommy08: Maybe she means they haven't been in a relationship for a year? Idk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Are you married? That's what everyone wants to know.

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM
4 moms liked this
There is no such thing as spousal support for unmarried SO in the military.

Quoting Sophie1809:

We need to live together for a year to be considered spousal support...

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN