[HELP] moving on base -Ft Lewis- Lots of confusion!!
So hubby is still deployed but we have been accepted for a house and I am to move myself and our [soontobe] Three year old and our Three month old + all of our stuff from california to Ft Lewis at the end of this month. Sooo... I will list my questions. Thanks in advance!!
1: WHERE DO I GO?!
- I know I need to pay prorated rent before the walk through of the house. Is the office where I pay this the SAME office as the Welcome To The Neighborhood Brief? I tried to ask one of the women from housing [through email] but all she answered was "Yes you can pay them the same day" so I am not sure if she just forgot a comma after yes, and was also giving me that snippit of info, or just didn't answer my question.
2: WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER
- On the floor plan I see we have a utility room and I see W/D inside. Are they just hookups, or do the houses come with appliances? [We cloth diaper, so this is a NEED to know before I pack up. Because if it is only the hook ups, I'll switch to Disposies until we can buy the appliances]
3: FRIDGE AND STOVE
- The kitchen comes with them already, yes?
4: GETTING ON BASE
- My stepfather and his friend will be following me on base with a truck loaded with our stuff. Do they need anything other than their IDs to get on? They will not be staying the night. And I am the only one with a Military ID.
5: CHILDRENS THINGS
- Where is a good doctors office on base? My son will be needing his three year check up at the end of september so I'll need to find a pediatrician straight away. + for the newborn.
- Activities. Are there childrens groups on base I can take him too? I know where the library and a park are, but I was looking for actual groups [because, you know, forcing toddlers together is fun stuff, rofl]
If you feel there is anything I need to know, please feel free to tell me. This will be the first time living on base, ever.