Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What is life REALLY like as a military mom?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM
  • 33 Replies

Hey military moms! What about you and your family did you wish people knew? What is life REALLY like as a military mom? Your anonymous responses may be included in an upcoming feature for CafeMom. Thank you in advance! 

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:09 PM
It is just like everyone else's lives. My dh has a job. I stay home. He goes on business trips sometimes.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I don't worry about what other people know or don't know.  

cueballsmom
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't love my kids less because I deploy. I love them so much I'm willing to sacrifice my time to ensure they have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.
Mommy2Bri425
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Quoting cueballsmom: I don't love my kids less because I deploy. I love them so much I'm willing to sacrifice my time to ensure they have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.

What she said. It's tough leaving my kiddo and for this to be my shortest deploymemt, it's definitley my lingest one. But my child is good and that makes it easier.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM
9 moms liked this

We only wash our face with soap infused with the tears of Virgin milkmaids from Sweden. Our custom made clothes must be made using only raw materials and blessed by the Pope, a cross eyed monk and one sketchy medicine man that strangely resembles Rafaki from the Lion King. We only eat certified organic locally grown produce and all meat must be grain fed and washed in raw goat milk before being prepared for consumption. We have cleansing ceremony performed on each house we move into to exorcise all spirits and demon activity. I can't go in to the specifics but it includes the use of 3 lemons, salt from the dead sea, one sacrificial lamb, 7 cloves of garlic, 14 kukui nuts ( 1.45 bottles of kukui shampoo can be used if no fresh nuts can be found). This all must be burned in a ceramic cauldron on the first full moon of the month. Many times this has lead to us staying for a prolonged time in a hotel. ( hotels are excluded from the cleansing.) We erect an exact replica of the Athena Parthonos in our back yard. She is the goddess of Military Victory and Wisdom .... this has lead to the loss of our deposits many times. The landlords just can seem to appreciate fine art and its ability to lead our nations warriors to victory in battle.

Aside from the above we're just like any other red blooded American family.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Honestly, I could care in the least what other people think or know about being a military family.  Doesn't affect me.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I only wish more people knew of our spiritual ways.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

We only wash our face with soap infused with the tears of Virgin milkmaids from Sweden. Our custom made clothes must be made using only raw materials and blessed by the Pope, a cross eyed monk and one sketchy medicine man that strangely resembles Rafaki from the Lion King. We only eat certified organic locally grown produce and all meat must be grain fed and washed in raw goat milk before being prepared for consumption. We have cleansing ceremony performed on each house we move into to exorcise all spirits and demon activity. I can't go in to the specifics but it includes the use of 3 lemons, salt from the dead sea, one sacrificial lamb, 7 cloves of garlic, 14 kukui nuts ( 1.45 bottles of kukui shampoo can be used if no fresh nuts can be found). This all must be burned in a ceramic cauldron on the first full moon of the month. Many times this has lead to us staying for a prolonged time in a hotel. ( hotels are excluded from the cleansing.) We erect an exact replica of the Athena Parthonos in our back yard. She is the goddess of Military Victory and Wisdom .... this has lead to the loss of our deposits many times. The landlords just can seem to appreciate fine art and its ability to lead our nations warriors to victory in battle.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:03 PM
You mean to tell me that we aren't the only ones!? All this time I thought we were.... Could you please tell me where you get your Virgin Swedish milkmaid tear infused soap from? Since PCSing here I can't seem to find any. Should've stocked up before we left TX. ;)

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

But alas we can't share them all.... being part of a secret society an all. (Don't tell them about the branding of the buttocks and the swearing of the oath to protect the ritual) Oh and the diamonds that are hidden in the cellulite of the gossiping cows. Shhhhhh!

Quoting USAFamily: I only wish more people knew of our spiritual ways.
Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Omg. I am sitting here in the waiting room here trying so hard to not laugh. I don't think it is going to work.... lol

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

But alas we can't share them all.... being part of a secret society an all. (Don't tell them about the branding of the buttocks and the swearing of the oath to protect the ritual) Oh and the diamonds that are hidden in the cellulite of the gossiping cows. Shhhhhh!

Quoting USAFamily: I only wish more people knew of our spiritual ways.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)