Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

navy fed question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I was wondering how they are with interest rates on home loans. We refinanced our cars through them recently and interest rates were amazing compared to before! Our current interest rate isn't too bad but looking anywhere to save. We haven't had it too long though. Dh says not to bother because the interest rate we have is pretty good, while I agree I think if there's a chance to get it lowered we should :/ but not sure if its a possibility for it to be lower. I know it'll vary by person/loan just looking for general info!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I would go to their website and check out interest rates if I were you.   Plus you can go to your local NFCU and speak with a member service representative.  We have 2 homes and one of them is financed through NFCU.  The rate is very good, but that was over 2 years ago and I bet they are better now.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:04 AM
The only thing I found was the "rates as low as"
We don't have a local branch here :(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I would go to their website and check out interest rates if I were you.   Plus you can go to your local NFCU and speak with a member service representative.  We have 2 homes and one of them is financed through NFCU.  The rate is very good, but that was over 2 years ago and I bet they are better now.  Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Well I would call them then:)

Quoting Anonymous 1: The only thing I found was the "rates as low as"

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Moorefam1
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM
We only have a cash rewards card through them and it's a high interest rate but cash rewards usually is higher. We had a loan a while ago but I forget the rate. You can apply online and that should be able to tell you
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM
We have one card through them, idr which one. Interest isn't super bad and our limits... Well way higher than well ever spend lol. Our car loans are about 10% lower than before we refinanced :) lower than we ever thought lol.
I was going to do the application but don't want dhs credit pulled again unless there's a good chance we will go through with it. May try calling Monday see what I can find out..

Quoting Moorefam1: We only have a cash rewards card through them and it's a high interest rate but cash rewards usually is higher. We had a loan a while ago but I forget the rate. You can apply online and that should be able to tell you
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I'm gonna see about maybe calling Monday

Quoting darbyakeep45: Well I would call them then:)

Quoting Anonymous 1: The only thing I found was the "rates as low as"

Quoting darbyakeep45:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM

They were never the lowest option when we were buying any of our houses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)