Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Thoughts?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

http://armywife101.com/2014/08/know-live-military-base-17-ways-tell-live-behind-gates.html

YAY me I got it clicky! What is everyones thoughts on this?

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Here you go.

You Know You Live On A Military Base When…17 Ways To Tell You Live Behind The Gates

Sure the military lifestyle comes with some challenges but quite honestly there are many funny and unique aspects of this life that  makes military life what it is. Living on a military base comes with it’s own quirks and I couldn’t help but share some of them.

1. There’s a garage sale on almost every street every weekend.

2. The reveille is your alarm clock.

3. Your now able to hold your tears when “Taps” plays every night.

4. You think you’re safe from the outside world because you have gates and guards all over base.

5. You see a Rent A Center or Aaron’s truck at least 2x a month.

6. You’ve actually stopped to watch the base information channel on TV .

7. There’s a playground in your backyard.

8. You still don’t know your way around the whole base.

9.  You don’t flinch when it feels like your house is about to detach from it’s foundation thanks to artillery training.

10. You can sleep through artillery training.

11. It doesn’t phase you to be the only one dressed in civilian attire in a room full of camo.

12. You forget your ID and have to get your vehicle searched just to get back to your home.

13.  You’ve lived on base for 2 years and still have never been to the ACS building.

14. You look forward to the yearly base Christmas tree lighting.

15. You still feel proud every time you enter base and see the soldiers at the gate

16. You technically pay no rent, no water, and no lights but you still feel broke!

17. You haven’t left the base in at least a week.

I’d love to hear your ways that you know you live on base?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM

no

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I guess I don't live on base...

None of that stuff applies to me where I live now, or where I lived before.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Thanks!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Here you go.

You Know You Live On A Military Base When…17 Ways To Tell You Live Behind The Gates

Sure the military lifestyle comes with some challenges but quite honestly there are many funny and unique aspects of this life that  makes military life what it is. Living on a military base comes with it’s own quirks and I couldn’t help but share some of them.

1. There’s a garage sale on almost every street every weekend.

2. The reveille is your alarm clock.

3. Your now able to hold your tears when “Taps” plays every night.

4. You think you’re safe from the outside world because you have gates and guards all over base.

5. You see a Rent A Center or Aaron’s truck at least 2x a month.

6. You’ve actually stopped to watch the base information channel on TV .

7. There’s a playground in your backyard.

8. You still don’t know your way around the whole base.

9.  You don’t flinch when it feels like your house is about to detach from it’s foundation thanks to artillery training.

10. You can sleep through artillery training.

11. It doesn’t phase you to be the only one dressed in civilian attire in a room full of camo.

12. You forget your ID and have to get your vehicle searched just to get back to your home.

13.  You’ve lived on base for 2 years and still have never been to the ACS building.

14. You look forward to the yearly base Christmas tree lighting.

15. You still feel proud every time you enter base and see the soldiers at the gate

16. You technically pay no rent, no water, and no lights but you still feel broke!

17. You haven’t left the base in at least a week.

I’d love to hear your ways that you know you live on base?

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM
The only thing that applies to me at the moment is all the garage sales. But it's also the time of year when a lot of people PCS. Other than that nope. I actually don't shop on post. Haha.
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM

When I lived in MO I was 30 miles from base and was always getting shaken by EOD. Now here I laugh because the min there is controlled detonation, or sound barrier broken the wives pages on FB is blowing with up "What was that?" 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I live on base, but we don't have EOD here (or it's far enough away that I don't hear it) the only thing I ever hear are the jets and you can hear those off base.

They tested the big voice here, it clearly said "THIS IS A TEST" people were losing their shit...

Quoting barrelracer1699:

When I lived in MO I was 30 miles from base and was always getting shaken by EOD. Now here I laugh because the min there is controlled detonation, or sound barrier broken the wives pages on FB is blowing with up "What was that?" 

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
The only thing that applies to me at the moment is the yard sales. But there are a lot of people PCSing right now. I don't even shop on post. The commissary and PX here blow and it's generally cheaper off post anyway!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM
We are right down the street from the air field so we hear helicopters and planes all the time. You can hear the field artillery here but it doesn't shake your house like it would on the other side of post.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:31 AM

I've never actually lived on base before.  I've lived in housing twice but it was off base.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)