Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Question about navy marine corps relief society

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Hi we are in a little money trouble it's more about gas and I chipped a tooth the other day so I need to go to the dentist. My husband was going to last week but he could get off in time and well the question is will they still help even with it been so close to payday and how long do they give you to pay it back? I really do know about the program I was on Facebook and someone post something about it so I was trying to get more information
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
somuchlove4U
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM
It been a few yrs since I've volunteered with them. Unless it's changed they do have a $300 grant, I believe. They will loan you money even this close to pay day. As for paying it back, it's up to where you are financially. They are there to help out of tight spots, they will work with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Quoting Anonymous 1: Hi we are in a little money trouble it's more about gas and I chipped a tooth the other day so I need to go to the dentist. My husband was going to last week but he could get off in time and well the question is will they still help even with it been so close to payday and how long do they give you to pay it back? I really do know about the program I was on Facebook and someone post something about it so I was trying to get more information

Thanks
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:09 AM

I volunteered with them as well...but it was back in 2007 and that's how things were then.  Not sure about now.  Hugs OP!

Quoting somuchlove4U: It been a few yrs since I've volunteered with them. Unless it's changed they do have a $300 grant, I believe. They will loan you money even this close to pay day. As for paying it back, it's up to where you are financially. They are there to help out of tight spots, they will work with you.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:10 AM
2 moms liked this

OP - Do you have Dental insurance?  That should cover a big portion of your dental bill from the chipped tooth...

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Your DH can get the $300 quick assist loan and he will pay it back over the next 10 months or year (I forget, we addressed it in LINKS classes).

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Quoting darbyakeep45:

OP - Do you have Dental insurance?  That should cover a big portion of your dental bill from the chipped tooth...

Yes we have dental insurance but don't have the money to pay the co-payment
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM

You can go to your dentist and get a quote for how much out of pocket cost it will be, then see if they'll let you make payments.  If not,  you can go to Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society to get a loan from them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Yes we have dental insurance but don't have the money to pay the co-payment

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I don't know about that program but I chipped my tooth last year and it was super cheap to repair with the military Metlife dental plan.  Don't wait -- I couldn't stand having my tooth chipped without repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)