Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I miss it sometimes

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM
  • 26 Replies

Living on base that is. Actually, I miss it a lot. We live overseas and since living off base, I have felt so cut off from everyone. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Germany. Every time I go on post, I am so thankful that I don't have to live on that shit hole around those people. I never live on post.
Yuriko_chan
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Don't get me wrong, it's like that here too. I guess I just really miss home. And closeness of people. Our last base was pretty close. There were some amazing people there. But here, nearly everyone is so catty and full of drama. People told me, overseas the people are like family. Not in this country.

Quoting cocoroo: I'm in Germany. Every time I go on post, I am so thankful that I don't have to live on that shit hole around those people. I never live on post.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Where are you?

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Don't get me wrong, it's like that here too. I guess I just really miss home. And closeness of people. Our last base was pretty close. There were some amazing people there. But here, nearly everyone is so catty and full of drama. People told me, overseas the people are like family. Not in this country.

Quoting cocoroo: I'm in Germany. Every time I go on post, I am so thankful that I don't have to live on that shit hole around those people. I never live on post.

3xangel
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Ugh, I'm overseas living ON base and I HATE IT! I'm not used to living townhouse style with thin walls & 90% of neighbors that have annoying ass dogs. I miss the freedom of living away from base & getting a 'break' from the army life.
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Where are you? Atleast you have townhouses. On post here is all stairwell, except field grade officers and above. And, you can only live off if you are E7 and above, or officer. Some lower enlisted get permission, but not a lot.

Quoting 3xangel: Ugh, I'm overseas living ON base and I HATE IT! I'm not used to living townhouse style with thin walls & 90% of neighbors that have annoying ass dogs. I miss the freedom of living away from base & getting a 'break' from the army life.
3xangel
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Exactly how I feel...
3xangel
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Japan. I really wouldn't want to live off base either over here because of how expensive & extremely small the places are off base. I'm thankful our housing is really nice ( newly built), but it's the closeness of the neighbors that I don't like 😕. I need my space in order to stay sane lol

Quoting cocoroo: Where are you? Atleast you have townhouses. On post here is all stairwell, except field grade officers and above. And, you can only live off if you are E7 and above, or officer. Some lower enlisted get permission, but not a lot.

Quoting 3xangel: Ugh, I'm overseas living ON base and I HATE IT! I'm not used to living townhouse style with thin walls & 90% of neighbors that have annoying ass dogs. I miss the freedom of living away from base & getting a 'break' from the army life.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I can see missing it.
cocoroo
by Coco on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:34 AM

It is crazy expensive here too.  I am so scared to see our energy bills come winter.  It is already cold.  But, there is no way I was going to live in a 1500 sq ft apartment when I could have a nice, big house in a cute village.

Quoting 3xangel: Japan. I really wouldn't want to live off base either over here because of how expensive & extremely small the places are off base. I'm thankful our housing is really nice ( newly built), but it's the closeness of the neighbors that I don't like 😕. I need my space in order to stay sane lol
Quoting cocoroo: Where are you? Atleast you have townhouses. On post here is all stairwell, except field grade officers and above. And, you can only live off if you are E7 and above, or officer. Some lower enlisted get permission, but not a lot.

1Choctaw
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:53 AM

You know what they say.....there is no base better than the one your PSCing to or the base you just came from. No truer words have been spoken.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)