Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I need some advice

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
  • 19 Replies
Well yesterday my husband told me that the army wants him to change his MOS which means there is a chance that we will have to move and we just bought a beautiful house because I take care of my mom who is disabled and my uncle who is a veteran and disabled. And he was told they will only move me and our daughter which hurt because I lost me father on 8/12 I just don't know what to do because I'm a full time care giver I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Can you make them your dependents?
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Can your DH do the Geo Bachelor thing?

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

The only thing to do is weigh all of your options. There are several courses of action.

1. Do the higher ups WANT him to change, or is he being told to reclass or is HE wanting to reclass? Big difference here.

2.You could make your mom and uncle dependants, though this is NOT an easy process. TBH I'm not sure of all of the paperwork that needs to be done, a majority of the time it is denied. But it is an option to try.

3. If approved he could do the Geographical Batcholor route.

4. Request compassionate reassignement to stay where you are already.

One of these option could work, but prepare yourself for if they don't. He is needs of the army first. I'm really sorry you're having to go though this.

megangiannetto9
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:58 AM
They said that his specialty has to many people in it so they want him to recall for "needs of the army" they keep telling him but he had said that he doesn't trust this retention officer but yes we can make them our dependents but we have to get all the stuff to do it and my husband wants to stay here in Colorado fort carson because of our 6 bed room house and it makes it easy to take care of everyone and our daughter just started school is just crazy time but ill try one of these things thank you all
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Sorry, that must be rough :(. I would work on making them your dependents. I hope it works out!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Good advice!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

The only thing to do is weigh all of your options. There are several courses of action.

1. Do the higher ups WANT him to change, or is he being told to reclass or is HE wanting to reclass? Big difference here.

2.You could make your mom and uncle dependants, though this is NOT an easy process. TBH I'm not sure of all of the paperwork that needs to be done, a majority of the time it is denied. But it is an option to try.

3. If approved he could do the Geographical Batcholor route.

4. Request compassionate reassignement to stay where you are already.

One of these option could work, but prepare yourself for if they don't. He is needs of the army first. I'm really sorry you're having to go though this.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM
"The army" wants? Who in his command wants? You mentioned retention, is he about to reenlist?
megangiannetto9
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM
He's trying to re enlist and reclass but the retention officer said is fine but he has to go wherever the army needs him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM

What are their disabilities?  Are they both wheel chair bound?  Both live with you all?

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:44 PM

What's his MOS? I doubt he HAS to reclass to reenlist. He's probably trying to get a bonus.

Quoting megangiannetto9: He's trying to re enlist and reclass but the retention officer said is fine but he has to go wherever the army needs him

~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)