Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Cell Phone Service/Provider

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM
  • 71 Replies

Totally off topic I know...but who do you have for your cell phone service?  We currently have Sprint, and we are seriously considering switching to Verizon, but we want to keep our same phone numbers...can you do that?  We get crappy service in our house, and I'm so over it!

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I have Telekom which is T-Mobile.  They are the best in my area, not that that helps you.  We had T-Mobile in the states.  The coverage wasn't the best, but it was super cheap.  When we go back, I will get Verizon.

Aslen
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I have Cricket. No contract, unlimitied internet, and I get really good service

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with coco (yep we can text and talk for free). Had Verizon in the states. I'm not sure if you can keep your number though. Verizon was the only one that worked where I lived in MO

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM

We have T-Mobile, most of the time I have great service. But for some reason my parent's house and my brother's house are service black holes. So unless you have an iPhone as well you're not getting ahold of me!

We dumped Verizon for T-mobile, Verizon is too damn expensive.

dawncs
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Darby, I recommend before switching plans and no improvement to check if they cover your neighborhood well. The service may or may not improve for you if they do not cover your area well.

tessasmom
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM
A few of my family members have been raving about Republic Wireless lately. When our Verizon contract is up I think we will switch. It is so cheap and I like the idea of using wifi to call at home because even Verizon is spotty indoors for me. When you are out they use Sprint or Verizon towers and it's only $25 a month unlimited everything. Anyone here use them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
You should be able to keep your number when you switch. I switched from AT&T to Sprint and we kept our numbers. You can check on the provider's website to see if you can keep your number.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM

My sister just switched to Republic Wireless.

T-Mobile has WiFi calling, I'm not sure why all carriers don't have it, it doesn't cost them anything to have it, and actually could make things cheaper for them (the carriers) so hey... more money for them.

Quoting tessasmom: A few of my family members have been raving about Republic Wireless lately. When our Verizon contract is up I think we will switch. It is so cheap and I like the idea of using wifi to call at home because even Verizon is spotty indoors for me. When you are out they use Sprint or Verizon towers and it's only $25 a month unlimited everything. Anyone here use them?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Call Sprint about not getting service and they will send you a signal booster!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

We had Sprint as our very first service provider, and never again. I did not have a good experience with them and I found the customer support to be very lacking. Granted it has been more than 12 years. We have AT&T, and I've not had any major issues with them. We recently bought a Ooma phone system and we love it!!! We will keep our phone number where ever we move now. No more losing touch with friends because we PCSed and numbers changed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN