Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

Finally after 4 years my husband got his well deserved 100% disability from the VA. Talk about a long draining fight. He fought to stay in the Air Force and he was medically discharged after 17 years. Anthrax shots have crippled his 6'4 body. A spinal fusion that made things worse has him in pain all the time. But last week he got his letter saying he is 100%! I am so happy for him. He will be able to have base privileges again. We can now take our oldest daughter to the base we met at. I got stationed there 3 years after he got there, and life has been quite a journey! I had to share my news with people who would understand!

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
teedaalee
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That’s great news! Thanks for sharing. After that process it probably feels nice to be able to breathe ;)!

teedaalee0712

mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Great news!!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!

1Choctaw
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Oh my gosh it is!! It can be such a frustrating situation! 

Quoting teedaalee:

That’s great news! Thanks for sharing. After that process it probably feels nice to be able to breathe ;)!

teedaalee0712

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, so close to retirement! Glad he was finally approved for it! I am sure yall are relieved.

1Choctaw
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It was so close to retirement. Everyone thought he would be able to stay in or at least be medically retired, but no such luck...we are so relived because we can finally breath financially. Thank God!

Quoting UCFknight:

Wow, so close to retirement! Glad he was finally approved for it! I am sure yall are relieved.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama...I'm so glad to hear things have worked out!  Thanks to both of you for your service and good luck!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)