Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me the point...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:46 PM
  • 16 Replies

Why do people like their own FB statuses?  What is the point?  Of course you like your status...you wrote it for crying out loud!  

Tell me the point of "selfies" other than draw attention to yourself...they make people look so self-absorbed.  Taking a picture of yourself with your spouse/children is one thing, but just taking photos of yourself and posting them on FB is so annoying and just plain pointless.

Okay...I'm done.  It's been a long week, and it's only Wednesday.  I'm tired.  I'm really just annoyed at people in general, so I'm getting off the computer and going to bed!  

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:54 PM

What's with people who like their own Instagram pic? Ummm, hello! Also, what is with so many young girls posting pictures of their boobs??

RKL10
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Around of applause to you! You hit it on the head! I can see taking selfies if you spouse travels for work and you send them to him but not every picture online. But I don't even have facebook anymore so I'm worry free haha
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I created an Instagram account a long time ago, but I don't have patience or time for it, so I never go on it.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

What's with people who like their own Instagram pic? Ummm, hello! Also, what is with so many young girls posting pictures of their boobs??

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I use my FB to share photos and updates about my son who is special needs and medically fragile.  I don't use my FB like a Twitter account where people post their every thought.  There are times I get on FB and I wonder what in the hell people do all day long if they have that kind of time on their hands to post the things they post!

Quoting RKL10: Around of applause to you! You hit it on the head! I can see taking selfies if you spouse travels for work and you send them to him but not every picture online. But I don't even have facebook anymore so I'm worry free haha

RKL10
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Yes agree that's why I deleted my account to many pointless things and I figure if people really wanted to keep in contact that bad they will email me

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I use my FB to share photos and updates about my son who is special needs and medically fragile.  I don't use my FB like a Twitter account where people post their every thought.  There are times I get on FB and I wonder what in the hell people do all day long if they have that kind of time on their hands to post the things they post!

Quoting RKL10: Around of applause to you! You hit it on the head! I can see taking selfies if you spouse travels for work and you send them to him but not every picture online. But I don't even have facebook anymore so I'm worry free haha

lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I don't FB, twit, insta anything lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I created an Instagram account a long time ago, but I don't have patience or time for it, so I never go on it.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM

No one should love you more than yourself...

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:42 PM
6 moms liked this

I will reply, but first ... let me take a selfie! 

mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I've accidentally liked my own stuff before, I unlike it when I notice. I want to know WHY FB gives me the option to like my own stuff, LOL.

I have actually unfollowed people on Instagram because of selfies, I know this one chick that 5x a day (no joke) she posts a selfie and it looks EXACTLY the same as the other 8,000 she's taken. There is nothing else on her IG, just the same selfie all over the place. Maybe she's being ironic, I don't know but I don't need to see pictures of anyone that much.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind some selfies. How else would we have profile pics? Haha. The same selfie 932 times gets to be a bit much, but they don't really bother me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)