Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jewelry case display, assigned sales rep?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone know if they are assigned a certain case display to work or if they work in jewelry.. they work all of jewelry? This is not at Walmart. It's on base.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 5, 2014 at 5:17 AM

No clue to be honest.  

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM

huh?  like the BX?  I would imagine jewlery is jewlery, watches, rings, etc... I don't think they would have the staff to cover each case.  Why do you ask?

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I'm not sure...

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I wouldn't think so either Jas. I went to the base yesterday to buy my mil a necklace she saw a while back in one of our flyers we get through the mail. I went to the jewelry dept. There were four ladies working. One was a vender that told me the necklaces I was interested in, were behind her. Two other women were waiting on other customers. This one woman was dancing around, talking to one customer and the woman waiting on that customer. She passed me twice and didn't bother to acknowledge me. I finally spoke up and asked if she was there to just look pretty. One of the others said this "dancing lady" couldn't help me because it wasn't her case. Not acceptable. If one of them is not working that day, no one can get into that case??  I have never heard of being "assigned" a certain display case. You work in jewelry, you work all of jewelry.

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Sounds like a case of bad customer service, call and talk to the manager because that is BS.

Quoting twinkersmom:

I wouldn't think so either Jas. I went to the base yesterday to buy my mil a necklace she saw a while back in one of our flyers we get through the mail. I went to the jewelry dept. There were four ladies working. One was a vender that told me the necklaces I was interested in, were behind her. Two other women were waiting on other customers. This one woman was dancing around, talking to one customer and the woman waiting on that customer. She passed me twice and didn't bother to acknowledge me. I finally spoke up and asked if she was there to just look pretty. One of the others said this "dancing lady" couldn't help me because it wasn't her case. Not acceptable. If one of them is not working that day, no one can get into that case??  I have never heard of being "assigned" a certain display case. You work in jewelry, you work all of jewelry.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I agree - report the dancing twit and her cohorts...

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Sounds like a case of bad customer service, call and talk to the manager because that is BS.

Quoting twinkersmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM

It's been a while since I worked in the BX. (I worked their in the early 90's right after high school) But I remember all of the girls working the jewelry dept. all having access to everything. They wore those little stretchy things with keys around their wrists. They could get into any case and no one was assigned to just one case. At open, who ever was scheduled to work took inventory and whoever closed took inventory.

I think you just have some lazy twats working those display cases. I would sure speak to management about that. It is unacceptable.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 6, 2014 at 5:58 AM

That's ridiculous!

Quoting twinkersmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)