Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would it be crazy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Dh got home from work today, he said he's *supposed to* deploy in a couple months! :(
Panic set in for a few minutes 1. Because well... Deployment 2. We have 3 kids, and possibly one on the way, I'm automatic high risk and get weekly shots, last pregnancy I wasn't put on bed rest and was allowed to continue on with normal daily life but I still took it easy towards the end. (And 3 dogs)
I have one child that is here every other week and needs to be driven 20 minutes across town to school as well as picked up, I have one who'll be starting pre-k in August, closer to home but same exact start and end times for both and earliest either can be dropped off is 25 minutes prior to school start time. I have it worked out on getting them both to and from fortunately.
I'm in school right now, we were discussing possibly starting a small business soon-ish, which I'd put on hold if he does deploy. But I'll continue with school.
Would it be crazy to hire a part time nanny or something while he's gone?? My mom said she thinks it is...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM

If you can afford it, go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Wed have an EXTRA $500 or so if he deploys (besides any extra pay he'd get?)... My family won't help me Mich, if at all with anything so I figured even someone just in the mornings for a few hours, go drop bigger kids at schools and go to class or run errands without dragging babies out or like 2 days a week for good part of the day? :/ idk lol just a thought

Quoting mom2jessnky:

If you can afford it, go for it.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I had a panic attack just reading all of what is going on in your life LOL! Yes, hire the nanny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM
This weeks just been awful :( dh has been at work almost nonstop, I have a million assignments due and a final exam, sick kids, one dog being a terror (he completely chewed up his food bowl today while I was out picking up ds6!!), my attorney told me they STILL don't have my new cuatody agreement signed off on from freaking august which means ex will have ds6 most of winter break... Again. Among other stuff lol.
Like I said awful week and now throw in "hey babe theres an 85% chance im deploying in a couple months" yay haha
Can't imagine what it'll be like now with him gone :/ last time it was just me, my oldest and I had my second 2.5 months before he got home!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I had a panic attack just reading all of what is going on in your life LOL! Yes, hire the nanny.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 5, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I wish you the best!

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I am tired just reading all you would have to do and the level of organization and timeliness that would go into your days. I think having a little extra help around the house in whatever capacity is a good idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Thanks.. Hoping its a false alarm lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I wish you the best!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I'm do pretty much all of it now, except the prek driving/volunteering, and I'm only enrolled in 7 credit hour minimester, register for 12 credit hour full semester for the spring and planned on 5 for summer and taking fall off (if I'm pregnant since I'll be due a month into the semester). I have *a little* help right now but not a lot... But some is better than none.
I seriously have to work on organization and getting things done more efficiently lol. Especially if he's leaving :/
I considered my sister moving in its been discussed multiple times and moms okay with it and my sisters all for it (before deployment was even in the table) but its never been a super serious consideration since we don't have a room or anything for her... Plus with her in school during the day it wouldn't help during daytime when I had a class or had to drive the older kids to and from school lol but it'd be nice to have someone here if I needed to run and grab something late or just needed an unplanned break, or help with bedtime, etc :/

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am tired just reading all you would have to do and the level of organization and timeliness that would go into your days. I think having a little extra help around the house in whatever capacity is a good idea.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Dec. 6, 2014 at 3:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I would stop stressing about it. If it happens it happens. Why worry about needing a nanny right away? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Just figured since were already looking at sitters if we found someone with availability and such for pt nanny it'd be easier later. Finding one on my own would be very difficult for me :/ plus.. While it doesn't quite go with military life, I'm a planning I like to at least think ahead if not plan ahead

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I would stop stressing about it. If it happens it happens. Why worry about needing a nanny right away? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)