Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few of you will appreciate this

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM
  • 15 Replies

So from time to time it has been mentioned how 'soft' things have become in the military. Well, yesterday my DH came home pissed off which is rare. So I asked how his day went. He said he was in a planning conference all afternoon. I asked what it was about. He said he sat all afternoon listening on how to support a Marine if their child gets suspended from school. I said "excuse me?" Why would a grown man even need support if his kid get suspended?? Support for what? He said I don't know, I really don't. He said he has had to sit through a lot of nonsense before, but this one takes the cake.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this

So I guess asking "WTF is wrong with your kid to act like that at school?" was not a suggestion? 

That seems like a waste of an afternoon to me.

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Why would the command even know or care if the kid got suspended?!

violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM
This.

Quoting anchorgurl:

So I guess asking "WTF is wrong with your kid to act like that at school?" was not a suggestion? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Right? I don't know Dedi. But I suppose someone did come in at some point ranting how their kids was suspended and he couldn't handle it or something. Where else would this stem from??

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

If my husband had gotten that guy he would have said something along the lines of "I'm not your therapist, shelve the drama with your fuck up kid and get to work."

He's not an asshole, if the kid were SICK he'd do something nice about it (send the guy home or something) but your kid can't follow rules and got punished? Don't even consider crying to him about it.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Right? I don't know Dedi. But I suppose someone did come in at some point ranting how their kids was suspended and he couldn't handle it or something. Where else would this stem from??

cocoroo
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM
OMG. That is ridiculous. It's bad over here. If your kids get in trouble at school or sick and no one on your contact list can be reached, they will call the COC. Talk about awesome, lol. We have a family getting ready to get sent back to the states, because her 17 year old son gets in so much trouble. She might need some support. But, seriously, my dh said he doesn't do his job anymore, he does babysitting bullshit.
mnkymommy08
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quoting anchorgurl:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Nuts!

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM

So much for the ole "didn't come in the seabag" statement.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Oh my goodness...how ridiculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)