Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Compassionate reassignment and PCS orders?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Merry Christmas ladies!  Just a quick question: if my husband is already on a compassionate reassignment, what are the chances of him getting PCS orders?  He's been at the current assignment for two years.  (the reason is no longer valid, but since it was a Red Cross message that put the wheels in motion, they tried to tell him he can't go anywhere until it expires...which makes no sense because it was only for a year max)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

he would need to initiate the process to cancel the need - he would have to show documentation that the need no longer exists.

if he doesn't ( depending on branch) he could be looking at being forced out,,,, not PCSed.

he needs to talk to some one ASAP.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Well said.  I agree. 

Quoting gunsgirl:

he would need to initiate the process to cancel the need - he would have to show documentation that the need no longer exists.

if he doesn't ( depending on branch) he could be looking at being forced out,,,, not PCSed.

he needs to talk to some one ASAP.

karla41164
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I see you have you're answer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 26, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Thanks ladies!  I think I misspoke...a PCS for him is what we want.  They aren't trying to PCS him against his wishes or force him out.  They are trying to tell him he can't PCS because of that Red Cross message.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM

the red cross message means nothing!! the red cross message did not get him reassigned,,,,, he did.. he requested to PCS due to a hardship.

Again he needs to show PROOF that the need no longer exists- medical documentation , death certificate ect. He needs to talk to EFMP Coordinator to work with the command.

again the red cross message has nothing to do with the ACTUAL transfer--- only the first step in the process ( also a red cross Message is not always needed for a HUMS)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thanks ladies!  I think I misspoke...a PCS for him is what we want.  They aren't trying to PCS him against his wishes or force him out.  They are trying to tell him he can't PCS because of that Red Cross message.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Adding in--- maybe his current command does not want him to PCS. Depending on branch they can make him stay even if the need is no longer there.

needs of the service will come before personal wants.

Flobrooks
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Red Cross does not assign or reassign anybody anywhere. Red Cross communicates messages, it is the company commander that grants leaves and/or makes assignments.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Gunsgirl has all the right advice here.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)